Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Riverside, CA (LIVE 28 Dec 2017, 24 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Year’s Day. Getting about 24kW good for about 75 mi/h. Quite a few restaurants in easy walking distance.
0E608FB0-5FC2-40DD-B91E-D9C7DBF95BC7.jpeg

Reactions: Vern Padgett
"Tried it out" at noon today, Sunday, New Year's Day. I was the only vehicle in the building, with 20 charging stations on the top deck, I made a random choice After hooking up to one, noticed a rather slow charging rate. After 15-20 minutes, disconnected and tried another charging station, about the same. It would flick between 69 and 70 mi/hr. Maybe the system is going through a "learning process".

Or maybe they did that on purpose to keep you there long so you have to pay parking fee?

• Disagree
Reactions: gaswalla
Last night, Wednesday, my car's display showed the Com system was finally working, with about 10 or 12 cars charging !
This morning it shows 2 cars charging.

The other problem was greatly reduced maximum power, on the order of 30 kW. Has anyone achieved a full 72 kW? To be a good test, your battery level must be low enough. For my 85 kWh pack size, arriving with 40% or less at a regular SC gets me an initial charge rate of about 90 kW for a few minutes if I am not sharing. With a 100 kWh pack, you could arrive with a higher percentage, and with a 75 kWh pack you would need to arrive with a lower percentage.

Last night, Wednesday, my car's display showed the Com system was finally working, with about 10 or 12 cars charging !
This morning it shows 2 cars charging.

The other problem was greatly reduced maximum power, on the order of 30 kW. Has anyone achieved a full 72 kW? To be a good test, your battery level must be low enough. For my 85 kWh pack size, arriving with 40% or less at a regular SC gets me an initial charge rate of about 90 kW for a few minutes if I am not sharing. With a 100 kWh pack, you could arrive with a higher percentage, and with a 75 kWh pack you would need to arrive with a lower percentage.

Try the slot closest to the transformer I got up to 45kwh at 50%soc