Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Robbinsdale MN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cones are still up. But the activity appears to be that of sweeping the pavement and tidying up the place.
IMG_20190612_141818.jpg

I have a bad feeling about these being ICED frequently. They are way too conveniently located next to the Starbucks.
Generally speaking, it isn't much of a problem. I've visited over 400 unique locations and there are a growing number of locations where the superchargers are on the side of the building or otherwise close. I've never seen a significant icing problem except for Mount Hope, WV and Marlton, NJ. The big red and white stalls seem to have a bigger psychological effect than other charging stations. Conversely, where I've seen the worst icing is at hotels where rigs with trailers sometimes block the chargers even though the chargers are usually behind the hotel and in the back corners of lots.

Conversely, where I've seen the worst icing is at hotels where rigs with trailers sometimes block the chargers even though the chargers are usually behind the hotel and in the back corners of lots.

I wonder if the psychological effect there is when you put a charger further away from entrances that tends to also be where people with large trailers and vehicles tend to park because they need extra space.

There appears in the photo to be a post between each charger - is this for a sign indicating the parking is reserved for charging?
Yes there will be a sign indicating stall restrictions. Likely some proportion will be strictly reserved for charging only and others will still be available for general parking use with a time limit. It depends on the site, each location is different.