Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Rockland, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could it be? Status change in the last thirty minutes.
IMG_5032.jpeg

Incorrect; Superchargers are either Magic Dock or NACS adapter compatible. If it has been retrofitted with Magic Dock, no need for external adapters as they are already built-in.
We know that they are native NACS.

If you watch YouTube, you can see examples of people with Teslas testing the Magic Dock CCS1 end and then using the CS1 to NACS adapter to double-convert back to Tesla. It's not a great idea to double-convert; it adds more heating points and isn't needed, but people will be people.

These could be the first Tesla NEVI chargers, and they have to meet the rules. (Although the rules include 1000V, which the charger cabinets don't currently meet).
The rules do not include 1000v. They only specify that your charger has to work in a range within 250v-920v. And Tesla works in 250-500v, so they are complaint.

I still wonder about the 150kW per stall simultaneously requirement though.

The rules do not include 1000v. They only specify that your charger has to work in a range within 250v-920v. And Tesla works in 250-500v, so they are complaint.

I still wonder about the 150kW per stall simultaneously requirement though.
The 150 rule is to allow CCS chargers to add Tesla plugs. V3 chargers can do 250KW to all of the cars connected to the cabinet. CCS chargers can only do 150 at 400V, they were designed for higher voltage and lower current than Superchargers. When CCS chargers get Tesla connectors, or when the Cybertruck gets a CCS adapter (the current adapter doesn't fit) it will be able to use the 350KW capability of CCS chargers.
The V4 Superchargers will support 1000V. Currently there are no V4 Superchargers anywhere, there are installations with V4 dispensers but but the back end is still V3. The V4s have longer cables and magic docks which is why they are being deployed now without V4 cabinets. They have no advantage for Tesla owners but it's a big deal for CCS cars which have their charge ports on the wrong side.

Reactions: Acps110
V3 chargers can do 250KW to all of the cars connected to the cabinet.
No, they can't. Each V3 cabinet can only output ~380kW, but can share with other cabinets. So, a two cabinet site has a total of ~760kW to split across 8 posts, or ~95kW per post if they are all in use by a hungry EV.

1710517859998.png

I think Tesla might have identified only 4 stalls as NEVI funded, and they get priority to at least 150kW when requested, leaving ~160kW to split between the remaining posts when the NEVI stalls need the power.

The Rockland SC has very long cables and the cabinets are much taller, which I think v. 4
By cabinet I mean the big back end boxes that contain the transformers and power electronics, not the charging posts. The V4 charging posts are taller and have long cables but that doesn't make the installation fully V4. The back end cabinets will list the max voltage, if it's 500V then they are V3, if it's 1000V then V4. Have you looked at the labels, do they say 500V or 1000V? I would expect that the transition to full V4 should happen soon because the Cybertruck is finally shipping and the Cybertruck is 800V.

By cabinet I mean the big back end boxes that contain the transformers and power electronics, not the charging posts. The V4 charging posts are taller and have long cables but that doesn't make the installation fully V4. The back end cabinets will list the max voltage, if it's 500V then they are V3, if it's 1000V then V4. Have you looked at the labels, do they say 500V or 1000V? I would expect that the transition to full V4 should happen soon because the Cybertruck is finally shipping and the Cybertruck is 800V.
The box says “0-500”

Attachments

• IMG_1744.jpeg
    IMG_1744.jpeg
    591.4 KB · Views: 13