Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego CA - A Street (LIVE 27 Jun 2018, 16 Urban type)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m not supposed to be funny. A lot of the complaints here on the other hand are hilarious.
Why is the garage closed at this time? LET ME CALL TESLA THEYLL FIGURE IT OUT!
I’m gonna call Tesla and complain that this supercharger is too far from the places I want to visit! GRrrr ****ing Tesla should have placed this charger in my backyard!
I’m gonna complain to Tesla that this garage is closed when I’ll be there! GRrrr Tesla should know better and have a butler take care of all my needs at all times!

All this entitlement, my goodness.

It's advertised as 24/7. People will end up relying on it for road trips and it would suck to show up near empty and not be able to charge. Grrrr how dare anyone ever possibly criticize our god Elon and Tesla!

But thanks for the useful contributions to the thread.

It's advertised as 24/7. People will end up relying on it for road trips and it would suck to show up near empty and not be able to charge. Grrrr how dare anyone ever possibly criticize our god Elon and Tesla!

But thanks for the useful contributions to the thread.
God forbid Tesla build a supercharger in a not so desirable location (I assume you’d only be happy with a supercharger in your backyard, but I’m sure you’d complain about that too)

Or they can contact the actual garage management company and speak to them regarding access times

But no I agree, contacting Tesla is definitely the better option

God forbid Tesla build a supercharger in a not so desirable location (I assume you’d only be happy with a supercharger in your backyard, but I’m sure you’d complain about that too)

Or they can contact the actual garage management company and speak to them regarding access times

But no I agree, contacting Tesla is definitely the better option
Actually, a supercharger in my back yard would be useless. A supercharger along my desired travel route is quite useful. But if it’s closed when I need to be there — unexpectedly — then it’s useless again. And keep in mind that most of those complaining about it being inaccessible are actually trying to plan ahead, so that they’re not stuck in a lurch. I don’t think it’s bad to complain to Tesla when they advertise a supercharger is 24/7, and it’s not. And I don’t have a working relationship with the garage owner, but I do with Tesla (who then does with the garage owner).

As for those complaining about the cost of parking... it is what it is. Just be grateful for charging at all. You don’t HAVE to charge here. There are plenty of other options in the area, they just may not be as convenient. Oh wait, I thought we were also complaining about poor location?! ;)

I spoke to the parking garage management… They asssured me that the gate from today forward will be locked in the up position and that 24 seven access is available. They also mentioned that they have a five dollar flat rate after 5 PM and on weekends
Look at that, a call to the right people solved pages upon pages of bitching and moaning.

Actually, a supercharger in my back yard would be useless. A supercharger along my desired travel route is quite useful. But if it’s closed when I need to be there — unexpectedly — then it’s useless again. And keep in mind that most of those complaining about it being inaccessible are actually trying to plan ahead, so that they’re not stuck in a lurch. I don’t think it’s bad to complain to Tesla when they advertise a supercharger is 24/7, and it’s not. And I don’t have a working relationship with the garage owner, but I do with Tesla (who then does with the garage owner).

As for those complaining about the cost of parking... it is what it is. Just be grateful for charging at all. You don’t HAVE to charge here. There are plenty of other options in the area, they just may not be as convenient. Oh wait, I thought we were also complaining about poor location?! ;)
Tesla also advertises amenities, should we contact tesla when a pizza place is closed?

All I was saying is y’all are barking up the wrong tree. Emailing and calling tesla when clearly it’s best to just contact the garage management

• Disagree
Reactions: logan
Tesla also advertises amenities, should we contact tesla when a pizza place is closed?

All I was saying is y’all are barking up the wrong tree. Emailing and calling tesla when clearly it’s best to just contact the garage management

If Tesla misrepresents something, such as stating 24/7 access when that's not the case, or a showing a Pizza place that's out of business, then that certainly is good reason to contact Tesla. But if you mean the Pizza place is closed because it's after business hours, then that's not a reason to contact Tesla unless Tesla is giving out bogus business hours for that pizza place.

Reactions: jowaldo and logan
Moderator note: We all understand that this new Supercharger location has been a source of frustration for many Tesla owners. I’m sure Tesla isn’t happy about the difficulties either. It’s fine to contact Tesla and express your concerns. But I am asking everyone to chill out a bit — not easy in this intense summer weather — and not let arguments escalate.

Thank you from your moderator and fellow Tesla enthusiast. :cool:

DC9968E7-80B0-4771-B30C-F9F73380447F.jpeg
This is the only pic I snapped

Reactions: logan and P85_DA