Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA (Qualcomm / Pacific Heights Blvd., 12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like there's a guy taking down signage today...

I think the handicap sign was taken down this morning, and the handicap logo on the pavement was painted over. Did you notice anything else? The red Tesla signs are still in place.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, the paint happened last night around 9:30 PM. Has a Tesla owner decided to take matters into their own hands? :D

Not just the handicap logo was painted over (with black) but the blue line on the right side of the handicap space was painted over with white. The blue and white "crosswalk" is still intact. It's the crosswalk that's in the way, so this doesn't make much sense. Get it together, Tesla!

Thanks for the update! Any recent pics you guys can post please? I agree that rhe walkway is the issue with getting to the second stall, so not sure how tesla going to handle that. I guess we just have to wait and see! Btw, is the area now accessable or still chained off?

Thanks for the update! Any recent pics you guys can post please? I agree that rhe walkway is the issue with getting to the second stall, so not sure how tesla going to handle that. I guess we just have to wait and see! Btw, is the area now accessable or still chained off?

It's still gated by construction fencing. Very little has changed since the last picture, from Friday.

I think the handicap sign was taken down this morning, and the handicap logo on the pavement was painted over. Did you notice anything else? The red Tesla signs are still in place.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, the paint happened last night around 9:30 PM. Has a Tesla owner decided to take matters into their own hands? :D

Not just the handicap logo was painted over (with black) but the blue line on the right side of the handicap space was painted over with white. The blue and white "crosswalk" is still intact. It's the crosswalk that's in the way, so this doesn't make much sense. Get it together, Tesla!

Here is a photo I took this evening to show what Mark described. The painted over handicap sign in space 3 is not red -- it's shiny black, but reflecting the lit red Tesla signs on the pedestals behind it.

IMG_0437.JPG

The entire parking lot is sloping (left down to the right) from this vantage point, but frankly, I can't discern much difference in slope between space 1, 2 and 3. The removal of the handicap signs and painted logo could be one step to a solution. Moving the access aisle to the other side of space 2, and designating space 2 as the handicap space might resolve the issue. Like this, perhaps?

IMG_0437 Annotated.png

Vehicular access is still blocked by heavy construction fencing at both ends of the parking lot.

Thanks for great pics SteveS! I was exactly thinking the same thing about what you just described and illustrated in your pic. That would resolve the issue here! I hope Tesla is thinking the same and the city would approve this design if that is what is going to take place.

The entire parking lot is sloping (left down to the right) from this vantage point, but frankly, I can't discern much difference in slope between space 1, 2 and 3. The removal of the handicap signs and painted logo could be one step to a solution. Moving the access aisle to the other side of space 2, and designating space 2 as the handicap space might resolve the issue. Like this, perhaps?

View attachment 82338
Yeah...that looks like it would do it without having to move that 2nd charger, although I think they'd have to designate space 1 (furthest left) as the HC space so the driver could get into the new access aisle.

Yeah...that looks like it would do it without having to move that 2nd charger, although I think they'd have to designate space 1 (furthest left) as the HC space so the driver could get into the new access aisle.

I've said it before, but neither space will work as an HC space without some grading changes. It doesn't take a lot of cross slope to make this location unsuitable for an HC space. My understanding is they are just going to punt on this issue, for the time being, which is why they've removed the charging cable.

The painting over the HC space is apparently just so they can change it to a "use last" space, as specified in the city policy that Randy posted. This seems to be unrelated to the inaccessible connector that's blocked by the crosswalk. They have not painted over any part of the crosswalk, which is the thing that's blocking the connector.

So, with the HC sign gone, the HC logo painted out, and the blue line painted white,
to give 11 operational spaces, when does it open?

I don't know. But the changes the HC space seem to put them slightly further from opening it. With the HC space as it was, it appeared to be ready to open as an 11-stall supercharger. Now, they have to put in signage to comply with the city policy for an accessible charging station.