Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Diego, CA - University Center Lane (PERMANENTLY CLOSED 23 Oct 2023, 7 urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that Truluck's has ceased operations does the 4 PM valet rule in the nav still apply? Any wagers as to whether the new property owner of Aventine, IQHQ, will remove the chargers?
Oh, Truluck's closed? Last time I tried to use the Supercharger here, the valet guys were NOT nice and basically wouldn't let my friend and I use the charger without paying them. I think they asked for 9 bucks. We said screw this and went to the Qualcomm Sorrento Valley one instead.

Sorry, didn't think to take any pics when I drove into the underground parking and saw the crew removing all the equipment. But trust me they're gone; it's also gone from Tesla's supercharger location map.

Alright I don't see it in either the mobile app or Tesla's "Find Us" map (using the marker on supercharge.info as a guide).

For everyone's future reference, photos are a huge help in providing evidence for Supercharger's changing state.

@corywright @Guacahummus @Big Earl What do you-all think? Is that enough evidence for supercharge.info to mark this site as permanently closed? Happy to make the TMC thread match whatever you decide.

Bruce.

• Helpful
Reactions: corywright
Alright I don't see it in either the mobile app or Tesla's "Find Us" map (using the marker on supercharge.info as a guide).

For everyone's future reference, photos are a huge help in providing evidence for Supercharger's changing state.

@corywright @Guacahummus @Big Earl What do you-all think? Is that enough evidence for supercharge.info to mark this site as permanently closed? Happy to make the TMC thread match whatever you decide.

Bruce.

Doesn’t surprise me. This garage wasn’t really welcoming of EV charging. When I attempted a visit earlier this year, they wanted to charge me some exorbitant valet fee due to an event. In hindsight, I should have done it, as this location seems to be dead now.

As to whether or not we mark it closed, we normally want to see some pictures to verify. It’s possible that this location is being upgraded and the closure is only temporary. That said, in this particular case and considering it’s been removed from Find Us and the nav, it feels like a permanent closure. We can always update it to a different status if the situation changes.

Doesn’t surprise me. This garage wasn’t really welcoming of EV charging. When I attempted a visit earlier this year, they wanted to charge me some exorbitant valet fee due to an event. In hindsight, I should have done it, as this location seems to be dead now.

As to whether or not we mark it closed, we normally want to see some pictures to verify. It’s possible that this location is being upgraded and the closure is only temporary. That said, in this particular case and considering it’s been removed from Find Us and the nav, it feels like a permanent closure. We can always update it to a different status if the situation changes.

Thanks, I agree with everything above. Thread title updated. For myself, I'm glad it was painless to do a touch-and-go charge at 7:30AM on a Sunday this past summer. :cool:

If anyone has any relevant pictures to post of the now-ex-Supercharger site, it's never too late.

Bruce.

Yeah...they wanted like a 9 dollar valet fee last time I went...just for me to drive INTO the structure and charge.

IMG_1638.jpg

IMG_1637.jpg

Completely removed. The cabinetry and signs on the other wall are completely gone as well. This area is still taped off - don't know if that means anything or they simply left it like that so they could re-paint perhaps.

• Informative
Reactions: bmah and KJTZZLA