Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - San Juan Capistrano, CA (7 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no first person knowledge so I am deleting the tweet.

This Supercharger would make my life much easier and when I heard the PM's side of the story, I was flippant.

I hope that SDGE continues to work with Tesla to make future projects go more smoothly.

Thanks, Sam, I appreciate it. It's the first SC we've done down here, and like you, I am also a big fan of learning from experience and applying those lessons to future projects. We've already talked about that, so I think we're on a good path.

I also can't wait for SJC to come on-line, as it will make travel to LA and northward so much more convenient for all of us "southern" drivers, as well for all you "northern" drivers trying to come down down to San Diego...

IMG_0357.JPG

The fence at San Juan is down and it looks like they are finishing it !
Keep your fingers crossed !!

Mark

Still a few steps to go:

The first step would be for the contractor to return and trench from the 12kV handhole attachment location over the to the SC location in the bank lot, install the conduit, get the job inspected, and then restore the trench. After inspection signoff, the second step would be for the utility to install the conductors inside the conduit to run from the 12kV connection point to the transformer, and then install the 500 kVA transformer, set the meter and then energize the site. Then Tesla will have to test and commission the units. The goal was to complete by the end of April.

I'm hearing that the first step of the remaining work (contractor trenching from the 12kV source to the transformer location and installing conduit) is not yet complete. The second step of the remaining work is for the utility to pull wire through the conduit and install / wire up the transformer. That second step can't be put into the schedule until the first step gets done and signed off...We've heard that Thursday is the goal for completing the first step...More info when I learn about it...