Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sandusky, Ohio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh my god, this is great news!!

I have a 3000 mile road trip this summer stopping at Cedar Point towards the end of August. I was a little worried about charging between Maumee, OH and Sheffield, OH with a two-day stop in Sandusky and local driving and very few local L2 charging options there.

Hopefully it will be in operation by August 20th.

Oh my god, this is great news!!

I have a 3000 mile road trip this summer stopping at Cedar Point towards the end of August. I was a little worried about charging between Maumee, OH and Sheffield, OH with a two-day stop in Sandusky and local driving and very few local L2 charging options there.

Hopefully it will be in operation by August 20th.
I spent a few days in the area last summer and my timeline didn't allow time to divert and Supercharge in Cleveland. It was irritating to be tethered to the only 120V outlet available in the Comfort Inn parking lot. At least I got my first add to PlugShare out of it... too bad nobody's checked in since.

BDF431E3-D60B-42BA-AA22-D317BA6EC6D1.jpeg I had been researching charging possibilities for our trip to cedar point and saw these post. Had to stop by and see if it was open. Not yet but here is a pic.

I also went through this area yesterday, so I can report that the stalls are all in place, and the transformer is there and is installed, but the meter has not been installed yet. Plus they've got a bit of cleanup to do as well. Ironically, I'm having difficulty uploading the pics I took. Perhaps I'll start a new post and see if they go in there. But I do have quite a few to share.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
This will be excellent for Cedar Point visits, for sure. But come on! Cedar Point visitors spend ALL DAY there. The park should install a row of 100 level 2 charging stations. Even at 32 amps any EV would end the day with a full charge.

I've made it a habit to contact Cedar Point a few times per year asking what options they have for EV charging. Every time they reply they tell me there are no charging stations. But I keep doing it so at least management can't say they have no charging because nobody every asked. I suggest more people start doing this than just me! It's easy to fill out their "Contact Us" form and ask about it: Contact Us at Cedar Point | Cedar Point

Reactions: Vip
This will be excellent for Cedar Point visits, for sure. But come on! Cedar Point visitors spend ALL DAY there. The park should install a row of 100 level 2 charging stations. Even at 32 amps any EV would end the day with a full charge.

Even if it was at the Hotel Breakers parking lot to make staying there more attractive to EV owners. I'm staying there for two nights in August, having a ~30amp L2 charger would be awesome (as long as it's not ICEd-- that lot can fill up).

Hi all, I have been a long time lurker if the forums. I sent an email to cedar point and received the following...
Thank you for contacting Cedar Point! At this time, we do not have electric vehicle charging. I am not able to say if this will be coming in the future, as no information has been released to us in regards to EV charging stations.

We look forward to your visit!

Keeping hitting them with requests. I’d like to put a destination charger request in but I’m not sure they would appreciate it.

Hi all, I have been a long time lurker if the forums. I sent an email to cedar point and received the following...
Thank you for contacting Cedar Point! At this time, we do not have electric vehicle charging. I am not able to say if this will be coming in the future, as no information has been released to us in regards to EV charging stations.

We look forward to your visit!

Keeping hitting them with requests. I’d like to put a destination charger request in but I’m not sure they would appreciate it.
Good idea! I just did.

Reactions: Electric Joe