Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Ana, CA (12 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, I’ll give you an update as of this morning. But, I must tell you this blog is making itself known! I went by Saturday midday to check things out and saw a gray Model S in one of the stalls. The driver was just putting the cable back and getting into his car when I drove up. I went to ask him what he knew and he looked up and asked, “Are you the famous Ed Trotter?” I had to laugh. My 15 minutes of fame at last!! Since I haven’t had a picture posted with my profile, I was amazed. So, that will prompt me to add one. Think of Santa Clause without a beard and you’ll get a pretty good idea.

But, on to today. Nice picture on the fly, rfmurphy81. The white truck on the left belongs to the contractor. I talked to him about 8:35 or so. He told me he was awaiting a Tesla rep who was due about 9:30. I inquired if that meant it would open today and he said probably not. It was for Tesla to make sure the installation met specs. The other portion of a truck you see is that of the sign company that was doing some work on the sign. It may be that they are doing something on the north side. I didn’t check. So, I went on to the gym, returning about an hour and a half later. When I got there a black Tesla pulled in and parked a row away from the Chargers. The person driving it pulled a cube-shaped container from his trunk and appeared to be the rep. I drove over to ask if it might go live today and he said all he was doing was to ascertain all is ready for prime-time and that when it lights up is determined by Tesla.

I’ll go back after the lunch period to see what might be the case. We’ll keep our fingers crossed.

OK, I’ll give you an update as of this morning. But, I must tell you this blog is making itself known! I went by Saturday midday to check things out and saw a gray Model S in one of the stalls. The driver was just putting the cable back and getting into his car when I drove up. I went to ask him what he knew and he looked up and asked, “Are you the famous Ed Trotter?” I had to laugh. My 15 minutes of fame at last!! Since I haven’t had a picture posted with my profile, I was amazed. So, that will prompt me to add one. Think of Santa Clause without a beard and you’ll get a pretty good idea.

But, on to today. Nice picture on the fly, rfmurphy81. The white truck on the left belongs to the contractor. I talked to him about 8:35 or so. He told me he was awaiting a Tesla rep who was due about 9:30. I inquired if that meant it would open today and he said probably not. It was for Tesla to make sure the installation met specs. The other portion of a truck you see is that of the sign company that was doing some work on the sign. It may be that they are doing something on the north side. I didn’t check. So, I went on to the gym, returning about an hour and a half later. When I got there a black Tesla pulled in and parked a row away from the Chargers. The person driving it pulled a cube-shaped container from his trunk and appeared to be the rep. I drove over to ask if it might go live today and he said all he was doing was to ascertain all is ready for prime-time and that when it lights up is determined by Tesla.

I’ll go back after the lunch period to see what might be the case. We’ll keep our fingers crossed.

Folks, the eagle has landed!!!

Tesla guy just finished. While it may not be official for a few hours or even tomorrow, it is live as of about 4:45.

Attachments

• 20161205_165539.jpg
    20161205_165539.jpg
    462.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 20161205_165556.jpg
    20161205_165556.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 1480986103136-552985258.jpg
    1480986103136-552985258.jpg
    328 KB · Views: 97
Folks, the eagle has landed!!!

Tesla guy just finished. While it may not be official for a few hours or even tomorrow, it is live as of about 4:45.
YES YES YES!!!!!

Thanks again, Ed, for your frequent updates. (Too much hassle for me exiting I-5 just to check every day.)

I'm going to charge there for 5 minutes on the way home, just because. :)

• Funny
Reactions: callmesam
rfmurphy81, I was indeed the first owner to charge. I wouldn't have minded someone else being first as I have had a lot of fun posting the updates. With that in mind, 4super9, I thought I'd keep some sort of data log on times of day and stalls occupied, ICEing, etc. I'll probably charge very few times as I live about one mile from the charger. So, I'll leave to others to interpret charging data. I charged today just for fun. I was at 185 or so and went to 225 in about 40 mins. So, there we are for now. I'll check a couple of times tomorrow and watch the Tesla website. The technician said that the blogs are watched very much!! Now, what do I do for fun?