Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Santa Barbara, CA (LIVE 4 Oct 2021, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I visited this location for the first time yesterday and I'm very glad Tesla decided to place this site where they did. I took my in-laws wine tasting in Los Olivos for their birthdays so we drove up from Orange County at around 8am. I dropped them off with my wife at Jeannine's (about .8mi) away, drove our 11/13 built S85 to the Supercharger lot with about 40mi of range left. The lot was maybe 20% occupied as I jogged (about 8 minutes) back to Jeannine's. I arrive just as the server brings us our breakfast. During our meal, I checked the app and it's already at 165mi. We all took a 15 minute stroll back to the car and we were pretty close to 85% SOC which gave us plenty of range to drive to Los Olivos, stop off at a plant store in Carpinteria, and make it to Hawthorne before we need to Supercharge again.

Had we stopped by during the afternoon we probably would have gone to Blaze and walked around Big 5 Sporting Goods. In trips I've taken before this site was available, we would have to charge up to 70% at Oxnard in order to make it back to Oxnard on our way home.

Reactions: 2TNE and goldengate