Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Livermore, CA - Holmes St. (under construction 19 Sep 2023, 8 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i dont believe i see a thread about this supercharger yet, but i was driving home today and i saw a gated area with what looked like tesla bags over cabinets for superchargers, so i had to turn around to check it out.

this is on holmes rd and concannon blvd next to the extreme pizza, across the street from lucky's

address for the extreme pizza is 1608 Holmes St, Livermore, CA 94550

Attachments

• 20230919_182541.jpg
    20230919_182541.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 221
  • 20230919_182552.jpg
    20230919_182552.jpg
    614.5 KB · Views: 99
  • 20230919_182606.jpg
    20230919_182606.jpg
    443.3 KB · Views: 93
  • 20230919_182608.jpg
    20230919_182608.jpg
    498.9 KB · Views: 91
  • 20230919_182610.jpg
    20230919_182610.jpg
    548.7 KB · Views: 92
My first thought was: this is way, way off the beaten path.
But poking around on google maps (and sending in a location correction), this is actually a nice spot for locals and not so urgent travelers.
Extreme Pizza - one of my favs.
A nearby Lucky's as you said.
If one needs a hit of schadenfreude, watch people try and use the Electrify America charger in the Lucky's parking lot.
There's the Sunset Gardens Apartments diagonally across the intersection - a nice amenity for those folks.
A place to grab a quick charge before/after a game/event at the area high school.
A 24 hour 76 gas station a block away for when the Lucky's rolls up their sidewalk for the night.
Locations like these are another step in making EVs ubiquitous.

Thanks for taking the time to circle back and take some pics.

My first thought was: this is way, way off the beaten path.
But poking around on google maps (and sending in a location correction), this is actually a nice spot for locals and not so urgent travelers.
Extreme Pizza - one of my favs.
A nearby Lucky's as you said.
If one needs a hit of schadenfreude, watch people try and use the Electrify America charger in the Lucky's parking lot.
There's the Sunset Gardens Apartments diagonally across the intersection - a nice amenity for those folks.
A place to grab a quick charge before/after a game/event at the area high school.
A 24 hour 76 gas station a block away for when the Lucky's rolls up their sidewalk for the night.
Locations like these are another step in making EVs ubiquitous.

Thanks for taking the time to circle back and take some pics.
Thanks for sending that location correction to Google. I noticed it was off, as well.

This seems to be a 8 stalls 250 kW, not using the pre-built 4-stalls, but just I guess from the above pictures from @Videomatic3.

Note: There is also in construction a 16 Stalls V3 supercharger about 5 miles east on Jack London Blvd near the El Charro Road 580 hwy exit.
But on the Tesla.com/findus map, there is only one future Supercharger opening in Q3 of 2023.

Also halfway between those two Supercharger locations on Stanley Blvd, there is a quite large Power Substation.
(If someone know something about the voltage and capacity of those two transformers, I would be interested knowing about).

Livermore, CA - Power Substation .jpg Livermore, CA - Power Substation - Transformers .jpg

Last edited:
This seems to be a 8 stalls 250 kW, not using the pre-built 4-stalls, but just I guess from the above pictures from @Videomatic3.

Note: There is also in construction a 16 Stalls V3 supercharger about 5 miles east on Jack London Blvd near the El Charro Road 580 hwy exit.
But on the Tesla.com/findus map, there is only one future Supercharger opening in Q3 of 2023.

Also halfway between those two Supercharger locations on Stanley Blvd, there is a quite large Power Substation.
(If someone know something about the voltage and capacity of those two transformers, I would be interested knowing about).

View attachment 975827 View attachment 975836
There’s several substations and facilities on in the area but typical for the area is 115 kV/ 21kV substation transformers and sizing is typically about 75 MVA each.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Is this one placed differently than normal superchargers?
They want them placed on the parking lines at the back of the stall. This placement requires wider spots since the charge posts will be in each adjoining spot reducing the parking width a little.

As far as the cable reaching much farther, that only matters for CT and non Tesla vehicles. The pull in spot also solves the problem of bike racks on the back.

Reactions: Videomatic3