Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Saskatoon, SK - Clarence Avenue South

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kinda funny how the store came before the supercharger. I remember living in an apartment in Vancouver and have to rely on these superchargers to fill up. I imagine these are even more critical in Saskatoon where it is colder. I know there are other "fast" chargers, but with superchargers, you don't have to wait as much. A basic level 3, ~50kw, is still very slow.

In any case, happy with the news.

Reactions: JustMe
Saskatoon, SK

Along National Highways: YH/SK-16
Along Provincial Highways (<=8km): SK-11

Yellowhead Highway

To: End (TCH Near Portage la Prairie, MB) - 677.5 km
Diversion: 5.4 km*

SK-11

To: SK-2 at Prince Albert, SK - 144.3 km
Diversion: 7 km

To: Portage la Prairie, MB (YH, TCH, MB-1A) - 688.5 km
To: Swift Current, SK, (YH, l, SK-7, SK-4) - 271.5 km
To: Medicine Hat, AB (YH, l, SK-7, SK-4, SK-44, SK-570/AB-570, AB-41, TCH) - 467.5 km
To: Bassano, AB ((YH, l, SK-7, SK-4, SK-44, SK-570/AB-570, AB-36, TCH) - 524.9 km
To: Strathmore, AB (YH, l, SK-7/AB-9, AB-21, TCH) - 573.8 km
To: Rocky View, AB (YH, l, SK-7/AB-9, AB-21, AB-9, AB-566) - 593.2 km
To: Red Deer, AB (YH, l, SK-14, SK-51/AB-12, AB-11, l) - 540.8 km

* Diversion from the shortest route along the Yellowhead Highway, although it's on the Saskatoon City Drive loop which is entirely signed as SK-16.

The article summarizing the applications indicates the status of the Highway 16 Saskatoon to Edson as "Status - under construction". Is this real construction or virtual construction?
Based on the fact that the same document lists other locations which we know for a fact haven't broken ground yet, general consensus is that their "under construction" designation isn't to be read literally.

Construction as of this evening:

Saskatoon_Supercharger.jpg

And a Google Maps link of the location.

Is this the one at the Walmart, part of the NRCan funding agreement?

(Does this mean the rest of the highway to Edmonton / Jasper can also be expected soon?)
Correct. Right at the corner of Clarance and Brand Rd. I posted a picture and Google Maps link earlier but it’s still awaiting moderator approval due to my low post history.

I frequently check North Battleford as well and haven’t seen any ground broken there as of yesterday. Hopefully the rest of the planned sites along Hwy 16 get going soon!