TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Scott, LA (Lafayette Parish)

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by Dameon, Oct 16, 2018.

1. nh-srt8

nh-srt8 Member

It looks like from the latest 811 ticket that it is now being flagged for excavation for installation of an electric line.
    Search and Status

2. Dameon

Dameon Titanium P90DL

It appears it will be a generic (likely pay) charging station. My contacts are not responding to emails for some reason. I talked to a buddy at LCG, but this is an LPL project, not an LCG project.

I'm hoping it will be a few Tesla chargers alongside the "pay for" charger.

3. Dameon

Dameon Titanium P90DL

Awesome catch nh-srt8! That isn't anywhere near the new library. That's the Louisiana exit in front of Target, Office Depot and PetCo. Much more suitable location for a supercharger. This is exciting.

4. hmerrill3

hmerrill3 Member

Confirmed, Lafayette you're getting a supercharger! Louisiana Ave. @ I-10.

Saw it in a Tesla document on 4/1/19 (its real, not a late April Fools joke). Am not at liberty to divulge how or from whom I gained this insight, at their request. But since the 811 ticket has been found, I can confirm it's real and it's happening.

• Like x 3
  5. Dameon

Dameon Titanium P90DL

I wonder how long we can expect to wait before it's up and working? Is there a typical timeframe to go from "permit" to "active" status? Likely different for every installation.

6. nh-srt8

nh-srt8 Member

You didn't see one for New Orleans on that list did you?

7. hmerrill3

hmerrill3 Member

You never know who you will run into while at the BR supercharger... or what they may show you in the course of friendly conversation.
    There was a second location on the I-10 corridor. I did successfully guess the City name, it was not New Orleans. But since I gave my word I would not divulge information until it was found, I not going to say more than split the gaps between current SC's.

I have been looking for utility location tickets for it without success. Haven't tried looking for building permits yet. My guess is once Lafayette completes the permit process the other location would follow shortly thereafter.

The other tidbit I was shown was a screenshot of a 3 supercharging at 145 Kw, on a V2 supercharger. Which is to say there is a firmware update coming for increasing model 3 charging speeds on legacy V2 superchargers, nice.

8. ZAKEEUS

ZAKEEUS Member

Laplace or Hammond?

9. hmerrill3

hmerrill3 Member

Was not aware Hammond had been moved. Laplace would make sense from a roadway standpoint, being at the intersection of two interstates, but I'm not sure it has the shopping and food infrastructure to fit with Tesla's siting criteria. Think of the LC, BR & now Lafayette Superchargers and their surrounding amenities. That's what Tesla would be looking for in a location.

10. ZAKEEUS

ZAKEEUS Member

• Like x 1
  11. BerTX

BerTX Supporting Member

12. NOLA_Mike

NOLA_Mike Grouchy

FYI, Electrify America is currently constructing one of their DC fast charging (CCS/CHAdeMO) stations at Hammond Square Mall (Target parking lot). It looks to be nearly complete and waiting on the transformer from Entergy (just my casual observation from watching progress).

I think this would be a good location for a Tesla Supercharger - Hammond sits at the intersection of I-12 and I-55 (major east-west meets major north-south routes) and is almost exactly equidistant from Baton Rouge & Slidell sites (45 miles from each).

403248.jpg

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  13. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare For the Love of EVs

Here’s a PlugShare photo of the chargers at Scott x Lafayette Library. 2 Destination Chargers and 2 ClipperCreeks. 9176A188-4EE3-49E0-A8BC-4829DD434769.jpeg

So, is this thread about the Lafayette Supercharger or the Scott Library?

• Like x 1