Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seaside, CA (6 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've heard a strong rumor that Tesla has reserved an "SUV" spot at the Concours d'Elegance at Pebble Beach next week...

Sorry to burst bubbles, but it is only a prototype that they've shown before.

that would still be nice to see even a prototype locally. Been wanting to see how the family of 5 fits in the X vs the S before we decide which one to buy.

I saw 6 Superchargers there during the week. They're gearing up for a VIP event Thursday of car week.

Let's hope that Tesla gives a quick peek of the Model X at the VIP event.

Anyone been to these VIP events? What usually goes down? Need to decide if I should cancel on a family event or not.

I went last year, too. Good food, handful of Tesla execs, lots of owners. Fun, but not sure I'd cancel a family event for it, though. I'll be down there because of friends are in Monterey for the week for the Concours. There's no way they'll be revealing the Model X. Though they did reveal the new line of leather goods last year :). And gave everyone a mug.

This is going to be great. My first Concours d'Elegance in a electric car. I feel like a traitor to my other vehicles. I cant wait.
Bring the Tesla and leave the Porsche at home.

Anyone been to these VIP events? What usually goes down? Need to decide if I should cancel on a family event or not.
Just a meet and greet with a few execs with a short speech.

I went last year, too. Good food, handful of Tesla execs, lots of owners. Fun, but not sure I'd cancel a family event for it, though. I'll be down there because of friends are in Monterey for the week for the Concours. There's no way they'll be revealing the Model X. Though they did reveal the new line of leather goods last year :). And gave everyone a mug.
We agree on the mug!

A mug could be better than a family event...

Here is the summary I received on the grand opening event. Tesla will also have a tent at the Concours de elegance.

Tesla Monterey Grand Opening VIP Reception Saturday, August 15, 2015 5pm - 8pm
retail-store-night-landing_4.png

We know you share our enthusiasm for Tesla’s mission of accelerating the world’s transition to sustainable transport, so to coincide with the world famous Monterey Car Week, we’d like to invite you to celebrate the opening of Tesla’s newest sales and service location in Monterey.

During our VIP reception you can enjoy light hors d’oeuvres, entertainment and meet Tesla Executives. We’ll also have our Tesla team on hand to answer your questions about our latest product innovations and programs. There will be a short speech at 6pm so we encourage you to arrive promptly.

Thank you for your continued support of Tesla, we look forward to seeing you in Monterey.

Tesla Monterey
1901 Del Monte Boulevard
Seaside CA 93955

I saw 6 Superchargers there during the week. They're gearing up for a VIP event Thursday of car week.

Is there another event happening on Thursday? Just got the invite for the Saturday one, but as I recall from last year, there was both one on Thursday afternoon/evening (in downtown Carmel) and then one on Saturday night (in Monterey). Regardless, looking forward to Saturday's event...always a good time.

No No..... paid entrance to the property is closed Saturday and Sunday. Day of event tickets are $350. Thursday and Friday are normal 17 mile drive days $10 per vehicle - no motorcycles, but parking anywhere near will be challenging. All spectators will be directed to a parking area (a distance away) and then must board buses (with a paid tkt - thus the $350).

No No..... paid entrance to the property is closed Saturday and Sunday. Day of event tickets are $350. Thursday and Friday are normal 17 mile drive days $10 per vehicle - no motorcycles, but parking anywhere near will be challenging. All spectators will be directed to a parking area (a distance away) and then must board buses (with a paid tkt - thus the $350).

thanks, I'll go for lunch on Friday, hopefully they will still have the X on display and will be slightly less crowded than the weekend.

getting this thread back on topic. Today driving by there were multiple Model S vehicles in the parking lot with at least one plugged into the supercharger. Lots of work trucks parked out front also. Not sure if this was testing or if it is live or not, that will take someone with an S to test it.