Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seattle, WA - NE Northgate Way

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
CC48B4EF-18AB-4970-9842-016D94EE85F1.jpeg
Just FYI that parking in the lot for more than 3 hours now costs money. They also seem to be changing the entrance to the parking area where the chargers are to the south-most driveway on that parking level. Not a huge impact for anyone charging there.

In Tesla's Maps, the Northgate Supercharger is listed as having 2 Out of Order stalls, as or today 11/14. I had the unfortunate experience of discovering that 2C is one of the two malfunctioning stalls (now charging at 2B which functions fine). Does anybody know the other one that is Out of Order? Or remember stalls they’ve successfully charged at in the last few days here to know which ones to use when at Northgate? Hopefully Tesla repairs the stalls soon; will reply if I find 2C working again or find out which stall the other Out of Order stall is.

View attachment 729828Just FYI that parking in the lot for more than 3 hours now costs money. They also seem to be changing the entrance to the parking area where the chargers are to the south-most driveway on that parking level. Not a huge impact for anyone charging there.
What is unclear to me here is whether or not you are required to "register" your car somehow with this QR code when parking for <3 hours. In practice, I highly doubt anyone plugged into the supercharger would get ticketed, but some of us might supercharge and then unplug and park nearby while visiting the new hockey facility or eating nearby.

I was there a couple of weeks ago...in the neighborhood and needed something from Bed Bath & Beyond. I talked to the manager about it, and she explained it's because they are having terrible problems with people using mall parking as a park-n-ride for the transit station. I told her I sympathized, but that she was never getting any business from me again if it means that I have inform yet another third party of my location, and that they ought to re-think their approach of inconveniencing customers in order to get rid of the scofflaws.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9 and PLUS EV
I was there a couple of weeks ago...in the neighborhood and needed something from Bed Bath & Beyond. I talked to the manager about it, and she explained it's because they are having terrible problems with people using mall parking as a park-n-ride for the transit station. I told her I sympathized, but that she was never getting any business from me again if it means that I have inform yet another third party of my location, and that they ought to re-think their approach of inconveniencing customers in order to get rid of the scofflaws.
Did you then hand her a credit card?

• Funny
Reactions: gearchruncher
We charged last night at Northgate around 9pm. When we arrived there were two open slots, but we discovered these were not working. We had to wait until someone left, not too bad except that it was raining.

It would be nice if Tesla could turn off the lighting on the chargers that are not working. Is there someway to report this to Tesla?

We charged last night at Northgate around 9pm. When we arrived there were two open slots, but we discovered these were not working. We had to wait until someone left, not too bad except that it was raining.

It would be nice if Tesla could turn off the lighting on the chargers that are not working. Is there someway to report this to Tesla?

Did the in-car nav show that there were stalls out of order?

I was there last night and forgot to note the stall number but there was an 8 inch piece of blue painters tape across the upper left corner (where the handle rests) of a supercharger that doesn’t work. I know hanging the cord over the top could damage things but we need something more prominent to indicate which are down. I was charging next to the broken one and two people pulled in and tried to charge while I was there.

As a somewhat regular user of this supercharger while passing through, any suggestions on where restrooms and restaurants can be found within walking distance?

I've found and made use of Chipotle. Exclusively in fact - its the only amenity I've been able to find in walking distance, though that seems to be at least as much due to all the construction blockages.

The page for the site lists a bunch of restaurants, some also available as restaurants. As best I can tell these are all located inside of the mall. How does one enter the mall on foot when starting at the supercharger? I still haven't found an entrance!

Thanks for the help

As a somewhat regular user of this supercharger while passing through, any suggestions on where restrooms and restaurants can be found within walking distance?

I've found and made use of Chipotle. Exclusively in fact - its the only amenity I've been able to find in walking distance, though that seems to be at least as much due to all the construction blockages.

The page for the site lists a bunch of restaurants, some also available as restaurants. As best I can tell these are all located inside of the mall. How does one enter the mall on foot when starting at the supercharger? I still haven't found an entrance!

Thanks for the help

Go straight East to the Kraken Iceplex and after you enter, there are restrooms on the right side. Also has a Starbucks just past the restrooms and a lot of other things to see in there.View attachment 765660
Thanks. I'll be up there tomorrow, both ways on a day trip to Bellingham. I'll have an opportunity to check it out. I may still end up at Chipotle but at least I'll have a 2nd option as well :)

I haven't been there since they completed the construction, but I know the Kraken IcePlex has a restaurant. Not sure what the hours are. Red Robin is a bit of a hike on the SE corner of the mall, but it's a full restaurant with its own bathrooms and open 11am-10pm (11pm on weekends). If you want something nicer, Stanford's is a full stand-alone restaurant in the NW corner of the parking lot. It closes one hour earlier than Red Robin.

• Informative
Reactions: ArmandRose