Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Seattle, WA - Union Street

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Discussion is getting a bit off topic but I am aware of Plugshare and using it to help plan the trip. Around town driving isn't a worry with occasional L2 charging here and there. Just need to make sure I have enough charge to make the 90 mile drive to Centralia when the trip is over and prefer not to rely on L2 charging speed if I need, let's say, 60 addtl miles of charge. :)

I just did Seattle - Portland and back in a single day. On the way to Portland, I literally did 290 Wh/mi (no idea how, was doing solid 75mph, but it was a nice day), so you won't need too much charge to make it to Centralia with that rate :). Lynnwood shouldn't be that bad if you go there when there is no traffic (late night).

So this is not free, normal garage rates will apply?

Same as in Vancouver BC in both downtown locations. They simply have nowhere to put them other than paid parking lots.

We have always found a spot at the Century Square Garage under Chipotle at 3rd and Pike. Note the driveways are reversed. You enter on the left and exit on the right. The entrance is on Pike. Parking on the weekend is 7.50 and charging is free. It is only 2 blocks from the market.

Where are you staying?

• Helpful
Reactions: Big Earl
We have always found a spot at the Century Square Garage under Chipotle at 3rd and Pike. Note the driveways are reversed. You enter on the left and exit on the right. The entrance is on Pike. Parking on the weekend is 7.50 and charging is free. It is only 2 blocks from the market.

Where are you staying?

I'm actually staying in Bellevue around Bellevue Square. I see on PlugShare that Bellevue Square parking garage has some chargers so may have to utilize those if the hotel charging doesn't work out. My fears may not be realized with hotel overnight charging but just thinking of alternate plans.

Thanks for the info on Century Square Garage. That seems like a great place to park for the price and closeness to Pike Market, whether charging or not.

I'm actually staying in Bellevue around Bellevue Square. I see on PlugShare that Bellevue Square parking garage has some chargers so may have to utilize those if the hotel charging doesn't work out. My fears may not be realized with hotel overnight charging but just thinking of alternate plans.

Thanks for the info on Century Square Garage. That seems like a great place to park for the price and closeness to Pike Market, whether charging or not.
Finding a charger in downtown Bellevue should be easy, there are lots of options in that area.

Visited this site today and they have bored the holes in the concrete between levels and started to run conduit. Charger units and Pedestals are onsite however it looks like there may be a deviation from the original plan. Originally the plans called for 10 Tesla Urban SC's on the B level and 5 Tesla wall connectors and 5 Clipper creek on the C level however looking at the construction it appears that there are going to be 8 SC's on the B level and 2 on the C level. Furthermore, the B levels are right next to the Valet stand so I asked the valets if those were going to be valet only and he said yes.

Now thinking back, the valet was not a native english speaker so there may have been a misunderstanding between us on whether it was valet only or optional. Also because the conduit runs were not complete I could be wrong about the placement but the valet did say that 2 of the stalls were going to be down on C.

Pics from today of the C level where the cabinets are. Note only 8 conduit runs going up to the B level pedestals.

20190524_133608.jpg
20190524_133835.jpg

Valet would solve the issue with going to a movie and it being too-long to wait around conveniently for 30 minutes, but too fast to not incur massive idle fees for being gone for 3 hours.

Although I usually go on Saturday Afternoons and they don't appear to have a valet on weekends.

Stopped in today before a movie. 7/8 pedestal power cables have been run. The cabinets do look installed but their feed lines are just coiled up behind them. Also looks like they've started measuring out wire, probably for the 8th Level-B charger.

One lonely pedestal looks like it started to be worked on and was abandoned. :D

Attachments

• IMG_20190615_133955.jpg
    IMG_20190615_133955.jpg
    353.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20190615_134239.jpg
    IMG_20190615_134239.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20190615_134302.jpg
    IMG_20190615_134302.jpg
    534 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_20190615_134341.jpg
    IMG_20190615_134341.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 64
Stopped in today before a movie. 7/8 pedestal power cables have been run. The cabinets do look installed but their feed lines are just coiled up behind them. Also looks like they've started measuring out wire, probably for the 8th Level-B charger.

One lonely pedestal looks like it started to be worked on and was abandoned. :D
What's up with the box with the ClipperCreek logo?

View attachment 422066

10 supercharger pedestals on level B installed. Plus at least 9 hpwc’s installed on C. I might be missing something major but to me looks like these are ready to go.

For those less familiar with downtown, this is a 5 minute walk to Pacific Place Mall which has a nice food court, shops, theater, etc. I believe all-day parking is $7 on weekends and evenings. The garage is right off the highway, easy to get in and out.

View attachment 422066

10 supercharger pedestals on level B installed. Plus at least 9 hpwc’s installed on C. I might be missing something major but to me looks like these are ready to go.

For those less familiar with downtown, this is a 5 minute walk to Pacific Place Mall which has a nice food court, shops, theater, etc. I believe all-day parking is $7 on weekends and evenings. The garage is right off the highway, easy to get in and out.
Nice. Attachment won’t open though.