Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sherman Oaks, CA - Ventura Blvd. (LIVE 13 Dec 2022, 40 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not really a fan of this place, I also got lost on the wrong side of the garage until I pulled over and looked up this thread, thanks to @rayluis1988 for the map!

Good news is that the entrance you’re supposed to use actually has signage out at the street as well as all the way up to the third level. Also I did a touch-and-go charge but didn’t need to pay at the exit (sort of made up for getting charged for the 20 minutes of driving around on the wrong side of the garage). Not sure how long the grace period is here.

Bruce.

View attachment 956037
You are welcome. When it opened, you were able to get to the superchargers either way. But then couple of months after they closed/gated one of the ways up, not sure why. I wnet after that and I got lost as well, I had to ask one of the parking attendants for help. Not a huge fan of this location either but it is definitely needed in the valley. Two days ago I checked the app around 7 pm and only 5 out of 40 stalls were available. In no time, we are going to start seeing wait times at Sherman Oaks.

Hard to become a fan when your first experience sucks. For locals who come by often, it is probably easy and routine.
I didn't think it was too bad having been there for the first time coming back from a road-trip. Maybe it'd help if Tesla had a rating scale (perhaps distinguished by color coding) of the degree to ease of access the Supercharger site is for first-timers. Some are very easy to locate while others such as this one is not as convenient nor obvious. I usually use the satellite image to see where the Superchargers are at an outdoor outlet mall parking lot, but that tip really doesn't work when it's on the higher floor of a parking garage. This could give the driver or navigators a heads-up that extra observation/effort is necessary.

You are welcome. When it opened, you were able to get to the superchargers either way. But then couple of months after they closed/gated one of the ways up, not sure why. I wnet after that and I got lost as well, I had to ask one of the parking attendants for help. Not a huge fan of this location either but it is definitely needed in the valley. Two days ago I checked the app around 7 pm and only 5 out of 40 stalls were available. In no time, we are going to start seeing wait times at Sherman Oaks.
Once North Hollywood opens hopefully it will take some of the traffic from Sherman Oaks. Although the SO location is right next to 2 of the most used freeways in the US.

IMG_3814.png

It was only a matter of time.

Reactions: rayluis1988
View attachment 956401
It was only a matter of time.
While I love the supercharger network. I hope there is some thought in the reality of 2024 and 2025… when all sorts of cars will be charging. If these are filling up with just teslas, what happens when you Add the Rivians, GM, Fords and Al, the rest? And all the new EVs hitting the streets?

We will need a ton more superchargers. The good thing is with so much in,ine shopping and so few people at brick and morter stores, you have the spaces like at the Galleria or a Burbank town center. But this can get very crowded or busy in a hurry.

I just stopped by on Saturday 10PM on the way back home but accidentally turned the wrong way when passing the gate, found the gate closed w/ pad,
locks both entrances and finally found the charging stations. By the way, when EXIT it charged me $5. :-(

I just stopped by on Saturday 10PM on the way back home but accidentally turned the wrong way when passing the gate, found the gate closed w/ pad,
locks both entrances and finally found the charging stations. By the way, when EXIT it charged me $5. :-(
Best way is to enter through gate on west side of structure and then validate at Cheesecake Factory. The machine is right in front at the bakery counter. $0 for 2 hours.

Reactions: gaswalla