Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - St. Louis, MO - Riverview Dr

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The latest update to Tesla's "Find Us" page is showing a Supercharger with a target opening date of late 2022. The map shows it right downtown.

SLSCcu.jpeg

SLSC.jpeg

I did some searches for Tesla building permits in St Louis, but came up empty. The city's building permit page appears to require an address for searching, which I obviously don't know.

So where would be a good place to put this? My first thought was near the Arch, which would be good for downtown residents, people traveling through on I-70/44/55/64, and also for tourists visiting the Arch itself.

So a couple possibilities I wanted to toss out there:

A couple months ago, I posted this about a utility locate request for Tesla. But the location is absolutely awful. I’ve been meaning to drive out there and see if anything’s going on, but haven’t had a chance. But, like I said, terrible location. So I doubt that’s it.

I was also wondering if there would be Superchargers at the new service center they’re building in SoCo. I know that’s not St. Louis City, but the address of that location will still be Saint Louis, MO. And I could easily see someone not familiar with the city/county divide just putting the pin in St. Louis. Mehlville is down the street, but they’re V2 and South County Mall is dying, so relocating the chargers and replacing them with V3 doesn’t seem too far fetched.

But, if it’s somewhere in the city, then hopefully off I-44. 70, 64 and 55 all have SCs along the route. If you’re coming up from 44, you have to make a fairly significant detour to charge.

My vote is for somewhere on the Hill, so I have an easy place to park when stuffing my face with some T-Ravs and Gioia’s hot salami.

Reactions: Baluchi
So a couple possibilities I wanted to toss out there:

A couple months ago, I posted this about a utility locate request for Tesla. But the location is absolutely awful. I’ve been meaning to drive out there and see if anything’s going on, but haven’t had a chance. But, like I said, terrible location. So I doubt that’s it.

I was also wondering if there would be Superchargers at the new service center they’re building in SoCo. I know that’s not St. Louis City, but the address of that location will still be Saint Louis, MO. And I could easily see someone not familiar with the city/county divide just putting the pin in St. Louis. Mehlville is down the street, but they’re V2 and South County Mall is dying, so relocating the chargers and replacing them with V3 doesn’t seem too far fetched.

But, if it’s somewhere in the city, then hopefully off I-44. 70, 64 and 55 all have SCs along the route. If you’re coming up from 44, you have to make a fairly significant detour to charge.

My vote is for somewhere on the Hill, so I have an easy place to park when stuffing my face with some T-Ravs and Gioia’s hot salami.
Crap, if your thread would've come up in my search I wouldn't have created a new one.

This one is on I-270, which according to Supercharge.info is the fast route for those passing through.
St Charles isn't too much of a diversion, but that's old and v2, so this one could be more appealing.

Also interesting is the gas station company.

MotoMart said:
MotoMart is a family-owned company that
employs more than 800 employees. We have 79
convenience stores located in six states across
the Midwestern United States: Illinois, Missouri,
Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin and Minnesota.

It includes a location in Effingham, IL close to an exit, so maybe that could become a 2nd location there.

Reactions: tstolze and Baluchi