Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Columbus, IN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

corywright

supercharge.info editor
Supporting Member
Jul 27, 2016
Richmond, VA
On forum.supercharge.info user boilergus has posted a discovery that the Find Us pin for Columbus, IN has today turned from grey to red. It appears to be located at the
GetGo Cafe + Markety, at 3545 W 450 St, Columbus, IN 47201.

It's not showing in the Tesla app yet, but it's page on Find Us is now live.

Is there someone here who is located nearby who could check this out to see if it's actually online?

columbus-in.jpg

Reactions: greenbldg
Not surprising since it isn't in the app yet. However, I did just check my in-car navigation and it does not list this site either yet. I'm in-state - so interested in this site - but unfortunately am not close enough to actually go by this location and check.

I just checked and can confirm it is live. Based upon my charging report it is listed as Columbus, IN by Tesla and currently reporting a unit cost of $0.35/kWh. Unfortunately as result of recent software/API updates, I'm no longer able to grab GPS as reported by my car, but from what google maps on my phone reported the center of the 8 stalls is about GPS of 39.1336555, -85.9611139. This is on the east side of the building, and if you look at satellite view on Google Maps, will currently look like that side of the lot is under construction.

It is 8 stalls, 250kW/V3 design, does NOT have magic dock, and has 1 stall that is posted with handicap sign.
The biggest concern for me is that the pedestals are located on a slightly raised island, but with ramped/rounded curbing, and there are no posts to protect against people backing or pulling into the pedestals. I hope that doesn't become an issue for damage, either carelessness or intentional.

IMG_5877.jpeg
IMG_5879.jpeg

IMG_5878.jpeg
IMG_5881.jpeg

Splits a roughly 110 mile gap to roughly 70 and 40?

@ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Yes!

Columbus, IN

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: GetGo
Along Primary Interstates: I-65
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): None
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None
Along State Routes: None

I-65

To: Indianapolis - E Southport Rd, IN - 40.3 miles
Diversion: 0.4 miles
To: Indianapolis, IN (v2) - 44.1 miles

Splitter! Open!

On I-65, Columbus, IN splits 114 miles, 74.1 miles from Louisville, KY, 40.3 miles to Indianapolis - E Southport Rd, IN.

The largest gap on I-65 is now reduced below 100 miles to 94.2 miles from Mobile, AL to Evergreen, AL.

Reactions: Kewmpie1
Now we just need a splitter somewhere along I-69 between Fort Wayne and Indy. Gas City would make a good halfway point... not to mention the irony factor 😜

Funny you say that ... ;)

Wow.

I just moved from Columbus this past April. It was always the perfect spot, halfway between Louisville and the Southport charger. I was a manager at the NTN plant right next door to the charger location. About time.

Last edited: