Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Syracuse, NY - Destiny USA Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like a new supercharger is being installed at Destiny USA.

IMG_1875.jpeg

More like "Now all we need is for NY State Government to allow Tesla to build more Service Centers"
I couldn't agree more with you. Its ridiculous how slow moving it has been to get this approved, and it's not even guaranteed to be approved.
Though, I was under the impression Tesla is allowed to build service centers only, just like the one in Rochester. They aren't allowed to talk to you about pricing of the vehicles and don't allow delivery there, they are just service centers. I could be wrong. lol

Reactions: cusetownusa
I couldn't agree more with you. Its ridiculous how slow moving it has been to get this approved, and it's not even guaranteed to be approved.
Though, I was under the impression Tesla is allowed to build service centers only, just like the one in Rochester. They aren't allowed to talk to you about pricing of the vehicles and don't allow delivery there, they are just service centers. I could be wrong. lol
What I would like is for NY State to install Tesla Superchargers on the NY Thruway. Why do we have to leave the Thruway to find a Supercharger then get back to the Thruway. IfNY is going to go “green” then make it easier for Tesla owners as Tesla is the BEV leader and the car of choice.

What I would like is for NY State to install Tesla Superchargers on the NY Thruway. Why do we have to leave the Thruway to find a Supercharger then get back to the Thruway. IfNY is going to go “green” then make it easier for Tesla owners as Tesla is the BEV leader and the car of choice.
Yeah I don’t get that either. It’s bizarre. Every other thruway stop should have chargers. That would cut down travel time even more

Reactions: cusetownusa
New York was one of the first states (that I remember) that really cracked down on requiring charging stations to be non-proprietary in order to be eligible for favorable electricity rates (i.e. reduction or elimination of costly demand fees). This essentially put the brakes on Tesla's expansion in NYS. I imagine they have similar concerns when it comes to locating charging stations on public property (as do many jurisdictions).

So essentially what we need is for Tesla to open up CCS-compatible Superchargers at Thruway rest areas.

Does anyone actually know where NY is at in determining whether or not they will get rid of the supid dealer franchise law and allow direct sales? I remember Tesla sending out the email in the beginning of the year asking customers to write to NY State legislators asking for them to allow direct sales. Has there even been any progress?

This for sure...I need to drive 1.5 hours to my Service Center appointment in Henrietta. They must be swamped as the earliest I could get in was close to 2 months from when I booked it.
I just had to do the same drive out there last month, they needed the car for an entire day and wouldn't give me a loaner. It was brutal. Had to have my wife follow me out there and then drive me back at 6pm

I just had to do the same drive out there last month, they needed the car for an entire day and wouldn't give me a loaner. It was brutal. Had to have my wife follow me out there and then drive me back at 6pm
That sucks...did they tell you before hand how long it would take and why? I am hoping they only need a couple hours at most with my car but who knows. Not worth going back and forth with it being 1.5 hours each way. That would be 6 hours of driving in one day.

That sucks...did they tell you before hand how long it would take and why? I am hoping they only need a couple hours at most with my car but who knows. Not worth going back and forth with it being 1.5 hours each way. That would be 6 hours of driving in one day.
My last experience with my service center is that you don't get a chance to interact with anyone until they actually start sending you messages after they've brought the car in. When I dropped my car off there was literally ZERO people in the whole place. It was bizarre. I suppose I could have waited with my car until someone physically came out to move it, but no telling how long that would take. This is definitely an area that is frustrating to deal with as a Tesla customer (and I am lucky enough to live just down the street from my service center!)

They told me upfront is was going to be all day. Dropped car off at 9am left cuse at 730. Wife drove me to work and then after work she drove me back. But they only gave me $100 uber credits which wouldn't have even got me half way home. I couldn't take a day off from work for this either. They really should have given me a loaner but said they were only for people who had a car in service for multiple days. After she dropped me at Tesla to pick up my car up at 530pm we met Nextdoor by Wegmans for dinner, which was lovely.

Also, my first inspection with my Model Y is due next month and I am not sure where to get it done here in Syracuse. I definitely don't want to drive back out to Rochester either. Anyone have experience getting their Tesla inspected here in Syracuse?

They told me upfront is was going to be all day. Dropped car off at 9am left cuse at 730. Wife drove me to work and then after work she drove me back. But they only gave me $100 uber credits which wouldn't have even got me half way home. I couldn't take a day off from work for this either. They really should have given me a loaner but said they were only for people who had a car in service for multiple days. After she dropped me at Tesla to pick up my car up at 530pm we met Nextdoor by Wegmans for dinner, which was lovely.

Also, my first inspection with my Model Y is due next month and I am not sure where to get it done here in Syracuse. I definitely don't want to drive back out to Rochester either. Anyone have experience getting their Tesla inspected here in Syracuse? Would at least be worth a call.

I highly recommend Walts Automotive. I have been bringing my cars there for at least 15 years and I know they have some experience with Teslas. Not sure if they have the "pucks" as I haven't had to bring my car in for a tire rotation or inspection yet but worth a call to check.

Had them detail my Model Y about a month ago. They are used to the model S as they joked about staring at my door handles and wondering whyy they weren't self presenting themselves.

Last edited:
Reactions: nBar5EV1
I highly recommend Walts Automotive. I have been bringing my cars there for at least 15 years and I know they have some experience with Teslas. Not sure if they have the "pucks" as I haven't had to bring my car in for a tire rotation or inspection yet but worth a call to check.

Had them detail my Model Y about a month ago. They are used to the model S as they joked about staring at my door handles and wondering whyy they weren't self presenting themselves.
I’ll look into Walt’s. I know right where they are downtown. I have a set of pucks in my car, always, just in case. I just get nervous about someone lifting the car that doesn’t know how too. I’m sure I can explain how a Tesla is supposed to be lifted.