Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tacoma, WA (LIVE Mar 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2 Months til I show up, they have moved way faster than expected. Really hoping I don't have to go to Federal way to keep up a charge. Better than Centralia a few years back though!
It's really unpredictable at this point. It just needs the meter and the Tesla person to do the final turn on. The meter is the big question mark. I drove by about 15 minutes ago and still no meter. My recollection is that Tukwila took several months for the meter to be installed. Hopefully this one won't suffer the same fate.

It's really unpredictable at this point. It just needs the meter and the Tesla person to do the final turn on. The meter is the big question mark. I drove by about 15 minutes ago and still no meter. My recollection is that Tukwila took several months for the meter to be installed. Hopefully this one won't suffer the same fate.
I’ve talked with TPU at the auto show and my friend runs socials for them. They are typically pretty quick and they are working to grow the EV charging options in Tacoma including adding street side charging through Flo. So hopefully it gets added soon.

As a coparison, 3 L3 DCFC going in at Bass Pro Shops have a value of $611,000!

Estimated Value: $611,238.00
Description: Installation of three Level 3 commercial EV charging stations in existing retail parking lot with upgrade to electrical service from utility.

For reference, the 12 Tesla V3 here have a value of $160,000. $13,333/stall vs $200,000. If you wonder why all the other charging companies suck, things are just too expensive to deploy and fix.

Meter is installed and Tesla guy is on site. Might be up and running today if no problems!
74DAEE96-129A-46DF-833D-6F066CC424FF.jpeg
74DAEE96-129A-46DF-833D-6F066CC424FF.jpeg

Finally! :)

Nice to fill up before a couple of days round trip to Poulsbo, where it’s the desert of Tesla charging. Gives me another 40 miles range while I’m there.

Charging now. A number of places to eat nearby, but no restrooms. Just locked “customer-only“ ones.

Also, I noticed it’s completely set up for non-Tesla charging, too. A few pull-throughs for mid-body charge ports, and all the charge stations are reversible. Park on the non-freeway side and the power cord can reach the opposite side corners of the car.

Pull throughs? There are parking stops in front of every charger. Do you mean some stalls that are placed on the parking lines instead of at the head of the stall? These wouldn’t be considered pull through and could prevent rear doors on that side from being opened on Tesla vehicles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Falcon73