Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tejon Ranch, CA - Outlets at Tejon Pkwy (LIVE 1 Sep 2021, 76 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New stalls still taped off. Two megapacks were installed as well (better view of these is available from the I-5 northbound off ramp).

Attachments

• 20230416_060837.jpg
    20230416_060837.jpg
    363.2 KB · Views: 199
  • 20230416_060733.jpg
    20230416_060733.jpg
    1,020.1 KB · Views: 133
  • 20230416_060857.jpg
    20230416_060857.jpg
    548.8 KB · Views: 119
Reactions: Dave EV
Last edited:
Public service announcement - I am at Tejon Outlets in Southern California. Many of the charging stations are not working and there is no indication of which ones are working or not. It takes randomly trying different chargers to get one working. The map tells which ones are not working but it doesn’t show the full list to my knowledge. Also from LA to Tejon, the map forecasted I would have 10% charge but after the hills I got here with 5% left. Be advised so you don’t get stuck. Had to turn off music and AC to ensure I got here.

For future reference, I doubt the power saved by turning off the music was significant.

BTW, the Trip Energy graph can help you pinpoint whether the culprit is terrain, climate, driving style, or something else so you know what accessories or other behavior related things to adjust.

Public service announcement - I am at Tejon Outlets in Southern California. Many of the charging stations are not working and there is no indication of which ones are working or not. It takes randomly trying different chargers to get one working. The map tells which ones are not working but it doesn’t show the full list to my knowledge. Also from LA to Tejon, the map forecasted I would have 10% charge but after the hills I got here with 5% left. Be advised so you don’t get stuck. Had to turn off music and AC to ensure I got here.
are you at the ones at the northbound exit or the southbound exit (west or east of I-5 respectively)?

PSA also I wanted to charge here on Monday the 12th around noon ( north bound location in outlet mall ) the trip planner indicated that the entire site was down. I had to use the one on the south bound side. It was busy and only got 76kw rather than the 130+ normally. Doubled the amount of time there

PSA also I wanted to charge here on Monday the 12th around noon ( north bound location in outlet mall ) the trip planner indicated that the entire site was down. I had to use the one on the south bound side. It was busy and only got 76kw rather than the 130+ normally. Doubled the amount of time there
It was also listed as a temporary closure yesterday on June 17 so I got routed to the Bakersfield Copus Road Supercharger on my drive north on I-5. Then Copus Road closed on my way there and I got rerouted to a later site with an estimate for 2% remaining range upon arrival. All 7 of the Superchargers between Tejon Ranch and Spicer City (Buttonwillow North) were either offline or had ~20 minute waits. I ended up stopping at the South Enos Lane location in Bakersfield along I-5.

IMG_4173.jpeg

Fencing was still up as of July 11th.
Sorry for the confusion: I didn't clearly distinguish between the temporary construction fencing and the old "permanent" fence being replaced by the concrete-block wall. In post #152, I took the first two pictures through gaps in the temporary construction fencing, so that fencing isn't obvious. The third picture shows the outside of the temporary construction fencing, plus discarded fence posts with their concrete bases from the "permanent" fence that is being replaced by the wall.

Curious if anyone has feedback if the SB or NB side is better for a stop with a baby. Priority is clean changing station for us. Someone up above mentioned very clean bathroom on the NB side (Outlet) so I am leaning towards going that side since it seems like a easier access after parking.

TLDR: Anyone has had experience with baby changing rooms/station on the NB (Outlet Side)?

Curious if anyone has feedback if the SB or NB side is better for a stop with a baby. Priority is clean changing station for us. Someone up above mentioned very clean bathroom on the NB side (Outlet) so I am leaning towards going that side since it seems like a easier access after parking.

TLDR: Anyone has had experience with baby changing rooms/station on the NB (Outlet Side)?
I have no experience using them but I’ve seen them in the outlets’ restrooms and the restrooms seem plentiful and clean. The SB side you’re at the mercy of restrooms at the restaurants or gas stations which aren’t terrible but can be crowded at times and I don’t remember which of the restaurants has a baby changing table.

The outlet side has very large and clean bathrooms about 4-6 min walk from stalls, with bathroom stalls that have those pull down baby stations…I don’t know how crowded it gets during regular hours, we’re usually coming through by 10:00 AM.

• Helpful

Go to the Outlet Side. They have very large Family Restrooms, which are great for changing the baby. Can speak from personal experience!

All the advices to the outlet side is correct, tons of V3 and clean restrooms with changing tables, not much choice for food. But you can pick up food from the old site on the west side (southbound) then drive over to the outlet to charge and take care of the little one. Keep in mind it is not open for 24 hours, when I was there last week it shows hours from 4am-11pm. There is a shortcut in back of the Hampton Inn but they had the gate down last week so probably should go through the main entrance of the mall.

All the advices to the outlet side is correct, tons of V3 and clean restrooms with changing tables, not much choice for food.
There’s really plenty of food on the NB side at this SC, one just has to do it first or after charging since it’s on the entry or exit on Laval Rd. It IS walkable it’s about .4 mile, so ~ 10 min walk, depending on how much charge one needs, but there is a Mexican place, Jamba Juice, Habit Burger, Starbucks, Carls Jr. A great big bear restaurant - that does take out. So, it’s all there and doesn’t require any drive back across the highway.