Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Templeton, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Tdreamer

Plaid Supercharger
Supporting Member
Sep 10, 2017
Bedford, Massachusetts
No arguments from me on that one. Perhaps someday...
+1 on North Adams. We did a run to Mass MoCa to walk through the Sol Lewitt galleries; even with the free L2 charger in the parking lot I had to divert down to the Pike to hit a supercharger on the way home. Leominster was technically reachable on Route 2 but with insufficient margin for error, IMHO.

A Templeton SC won't be too far out of the way for jaunts to Mt Watatic and the Wapack trail. (Maybe there aren't many of us who would be making that trip.)

Reactions: chjch and Tdreamer
Perhaps they're working their way west... Greenfield area and then North Adams would be two logical areas to site future superchargers along Rt2. No signs of either yet.

I can see the attraction of North Adams, but is there enough traffic there to justify it? I tend to think of Rt2/Mohawk Trail west of 91 as very low density, a tourist route, taken at leisure with planning, rather than a busy thoroughfare. If we're putting one out there, Williamstown might be better, catching NS traffic on Rt 7.

I see there's a CCS/Chademo site in Greenfield.

Williamstown at the intersection of 7 and 2 would be ideal, better than North Adams. That covers two important routes, North to Vermont and East to Eastern MA. Tourist routes are exactly where you want Superchargers, i.e. they should go where people want to travel to not where they are traveling from. People in Eastern MA outside of 128 are mostly living in houses where they have there own EVSEs, that's doubly true for people who can afford Tesla's. You leave your house with a full charge, you never need them in the local area, where you need them is at the places that you travel to so that you can get home.

I have lived in Fitchburg with a Model S for five year. Its been a pain to get out to North Adams. I hiked Greylock two weeks ago. Had to go up to Brattleboro just for the supercharger. Other times I went to a trickle charger in Greenfield for a hour or so. Templeton is a little help, but I don't see the need so close to Leominster. I have been asking for one in Greenfield or North Adams for years... Hopefully they will do it before my car dies : )

I have lived in Fitchburg with a Model S for five year. Its been a pain to get out to North Adams. I hiked Greylock two weeks ago. Had to go up to Brattleboro just for the supercharger. Other times I went to a trickle charger in Greenfield for a hour or so. Templeton is a little help, but I don't see the need so close to Leominster. I have been asking for one in Greenfield or North Adams for years... Hopefully they will do it before my car dies : )

I agree. It's only 15 miles from Leominster. Greenfield and Williamstown would hit two major places where EW and NS roads cross.

While the minutes are vague, I have reason to believe this has been approved and will go forward this year.
Project received planning approval (with conditions) on 2022-02-08. If you want to watch the planning board meeting discussing the issue, the meeting is up on Youtube, and the supercharger station is the only item discussed (really starts at 4m50s):

Not sure these markings were here last visit…. May be getting close.
44AE1E15-E317-489B-802F-82279E3A963F.jpeg

Reactions: chjch and mociaf9
Checked it out today myself.

In addition to the white marked area on the grass, there are DigSafe markings tracing a cable that appears to go to the streetlight near the entrance.

I spoke to the cashiers, and one was aware that an 'electric car' station was gong in. He also mentioned some thing about moving the propane tank near the site, it that seemed a bit vague.

E23CE186-61AA-43A8-B0D0-644BC070E7FD.jpeg

Attachments

• E6E627A7-C109-46BC-A4B2-0C7BD5F3353B.jpeg
    E6E627A7-C109-46BC-A4B2-0C7BD5F3353B.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 63
No progress as of yesterday afternoon, except that there are GPRS flags that weren't there in the photo @Tdreamer posted on April 9th. The flags are on all four sides of the property. See the discussion of GPRS over in the Rocky Hill, CT thread.

Interesting that there's a telephone pole along the road that has nothing attached to it. Looks like it could have been recently installed (from the dirt around the base). It was there on April 9th.

PXL_20220429_135758488.jpg