Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Sturbridge, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Appreciated. At this point we're looking for what is usually a large green transformer to be onsite installed on a pad near the white supercharger cabinets. In Sturbridge, the transformer will be located just to the front & left of the supercharger cabinets. In Palmer, the transformer was planned to be behind and to the right pedestals, closer to the telephone pole being put in to bring service to the site construction plans. (EDITED)

When these sites go live, they should first show up in the Tesla phone app under the "Location" option - pretty quickly after Tesla flips the switch to commission the site. They'll show up some time later in-car on the Nav, and on the Tesla findus website some time after that.

Last edited:
Reactions: kayak1
Appreciated. At this point we're looking for what is usually a large green transformer to be onsite installed on a pad near the white supercharger cabinets. In Sturbridge, the transformer will be located just to the front & left of the supercharger cabinets. In Palmer, the transformer was planned to be behind and to the right pedestals, closer to the telephone pole being put in to bring service to the site construction plans. (EDITED)

When these sites go live, they should first show up in the Tesla phone app under the "Location" option - pretty quickly after Tesla flips the switch to commission the site. They'll show up some time later in-car on the Nav, and on the Tesla findus website some time after that.
I'll try to stop down tomorrow and see if I can see the transformer or not.. it's only about a mile from me.

• Helpful
Reactions: kayak1 and Tdreamer
A transformer has just been delivered! Primary wiring is not yet done, and there was no obvious meter socket installed yet that I could see.
IMG_9255.jpeg
IMG_9258.jpeg

Really curious when this will actually open? It was scheduled to open before the new year.. 🤷‍♀️
I'll try to stop down tomorrow and see if I can see the transformer or not.. it's only about a mile from me.
Hello. I live 1 mile away from the Sturbridge, ma site . What am I looking for exactly to see if it’s coming soon ? I just go and pull up there and try to charge my mY And if doesn’t open the charge point when I press the button I know it’s down ? Lol . I apologize for my ignorance. Still a newbie to the world of tesla

• Helpful
Reactions: Tdreamer
What you are looking for at this point are a few things:
1) wires going up the pole and connected to the primaries at the top of the pole (see post #31 above for the pole missing that)
2) a meter box & power meter (like you would see on the side of your house) attached most likely to the big green transformer, but possibly to one of the large white supercharger cabinets.
3) if there is a meter, see if it has any numbers displayed on it's LCD display meaning it's actually energized.

And to add to that, you will know if the site is up by having the Tesla logo illumnated on some/all of the charging posts. That said, it is rare that they could be illuminated but not yet enabled for charging. But I've only seen that at one site in Hartford, CT.

I'm lead to believe as of earlier this week that the site was likely still waiting for a meter. Not sure if the primary wiring was also outstanding or not.

Reactions: kayak1