Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Thousand Oaks, CA - West Hillcrest Drive (LIVE 3 Aug 2018, Urban type)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here are a couple pics to corroborate the report that this location is open. Also, can a mod please change the title to reflect the name on the Tesla nav?
C2F4C3BA-F380-400B-9359-92C857E0ED74.jpeg 8AD760EC-63E8-48F1-ADC3-09D4F25E267D.jpeg

This location has a 2500kVA transformer, the largest I've seen at a supercharger to date!
IMG_20190519_005646.jpg

Normally, a 20-stall station would have a load slightly under 1500MW, so I wonder why they received a much larger transformer. Perhaps it's what SCE had/chose to install. Perhaps the station may get expanded in the future. ;) Only time will tell.

I’m sure someone with more knowledge than me might able to figure it out but here is a few things that should be considered. Are there Power packs or any other battery storage systems on site? 1.44 MW is probably not a continuous approved load on a 1500 KVA transformer. There is a massive solar array on the roof of the structure (yes, I realize the date of manufacture on the sticker is after the panels were installed but it could be for future integration).