Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Thunder Bay, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charging a cold soaked model S here in Thunder Bay along with someone’s seemingly abandoned P85. No tire tracks around that car since the last snowfall which hopefully isn’t a sign of the charging speed I can expect around here.

E0005B90-E2D6-4A82-8772-8E0DA0490DFF.jpeg

Looks like the same Model S is still here form the last post. I hope they aren’t being charged any idle fees (probably flew out from the airport and has unlimited SC’s)

Still only getting around 20kW with a fairly preconditioned battery - disappointing for V3.

3FD5A351-5770-4F03-99BB-0264B58D0319.jpeg
21B84C5F-492D-4F8C-87B5-799AB5297CB4.jpeg

I’m pretty sure Thunder Bay supercharger is not operating at full throttle. Despite my cold battery when I was there, it should have eventually gotten more than the 30 kW max I saw.

Also, throughout my trip around the Great Lakes, on the Canadian side, a small steel shovel would have been handy to have to chip away the icy snow banks the ploughs left behind in front of the chargers. A common theme with all the locations I visited except Wawa which was cleared away nicely. In Thunder Bay, the middle two chargers simply had too much snow in front of them to be able to access them. See 2nd photo above.

Also, throughout my trip around the Great Lakes, on the Canadian side, a small steel shovel would have been handy to have to chip away the icy snow banks the ploughs left behind in front of the chargers. A common theme with all the locations I visited except Wawa which was cleared away nicely. In Thunder Bay, the middle two chargers simply had too much snow in front of them to be able to access them. See 2nd photo above.
Tesla needs to educate the snow plow services that it hires for these locations. I had this problem at Woodstock five years ago.