Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tukwila, WA - Southcenter Parkway (LIVE 2 Jan 2024, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We didn't have our phones at the time... So here's some horrible footage from the car's camera. There are 4 cabinets. All the excavation and pipe laying seems to be complete. This one has the weird large pipe small pipe design that we saw in Wilsonville... So possibly V4?
View attachment 980764
you said you don’t have photos at this moment but will upload them shortly. We’re you referring to the car footage?

Also, if it has two conduits at each post, it is V4. First seen in Bakersfield, CA. Then Wilsonville.

Unfortunately this site is going to be a V3. I stopped by yesterday and the rain had weathered the cardboard away to show V3 posts. The smaller diameter tubing seems to have been buried under the pavement since I last visited. I saw a bit of scrap laying beside the cabinets but all the other smaller ~2” tubing was buried.

Attachments

• IMG_4731.jpeg
    IMG_4731.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_4730.jpeg
    IMG_4730.jpeg
    595.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4728.jpeg
    IMG_4728.jpeg
    255.6 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4726.jpeg
    IMG_4726.jpeg
    876.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4725.jpeg
    IMG_4725.jpeg
    852.4 KB · Views: 53
Unfortunately this site is going to be a V3. I stopped by yesterday and the rain had weathered the cardboard away to show V3 posts. The smaller diameter tubing seems to have been buried under the pavement since I last visited. I saw a bit of scrap laying beside the cabinets but all the other smaller ~2” tubing was buried.
Those are typical V3 post boxes and the fact they are on site now before the rest of the work is done means no V4.

Wow! One great pull through spot!
Maybe. Look at all the other spots. The posts are on the wrong side of the parking stalls! They won’t reach a Tesla port with the cable anchored on the left of the post. It would have to reach from the back passenger corner of the stall to the opposite side. The lines should end on the right side of the posts, not the left otherwise they would only reach a car parked in the spot to the left and then the stall to the right of the pull through wouldn’t reach any cars because of how the pull through post is in the parking stall. They will need to be repainted so it depends on how they stripe the end stall and if they put more non charging spots next to it or leave it as pull through.

Reactions: Astrochimp
Maybe. Look at all the other spots. The posts are on the wrong side of the parking stalls! They won’t reach a Tesla port with the cable anchored on the left of the post. It would have to reach from the back passenger corner of the stall to the opposite side. The lines should end on the right side of the posts, not the left otherwise they would only reach a car parked in the spot to the left and then the stall to the right of the pull through wouldn’t reach any cars because of how the pull through post is in the parking stall. They will need to be repainted so it depends on how they stripe the end stall and if they put more non charging spots next to it or leave it as pull through.
Stopped by today and this is what I found. All cables were cut except for the drive through stall. Handles scattered on the ground.

Attachments

• 20231213_135146.jpg
    20231213_135146.jpg
    635.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 20231213_135336.jpg
    20231213_135336.jpg
    686.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 20231213_135419.jpg
    20231213_135419.jpg
    793.7 KB · Views: 34
Crap. At some point these sites will need a camera and AI system to document copper thieves but also give Tesla much better usage data.
They’ll have a camera trailer there when they put the new cables on. It’s sad that they left one behind after cutting it. With it not being active, there is no communication and no alert as to what is happening. I think this is why we are starting to see some sites go all the way to transformer installation before stalls go in. Trying to minimize time when they are sitting ducks

Reactions: Astrochimp
They’ll have a camera trailer there when they put the new cables on. It’s sad that they left one behind after cutting it. With it not being active, there is no communication and no alert as to what is happening. I think this is why we are starting to see some sites go all the way to transformer installation before stalls go in. Trying to minimize time when they are sitting ducks
Camera Trailer? You mean, those trailers parked in lots with a tower, bright blinking lights and camera? Those are pretty obnoxious. Do they work?