Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tukwila, WA - Southcenter Parkway (LIVE 2 Jan 2024, 16 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven’t seen a new thread created yet for the new permitted Tukwila Supercharger permitted and starting construction on 9/4 a few blocks from the current location.

It’s a 16 Stall with a Pull through located behind the T-Mobile on Southcenter Parkway. :)

I’ll be there in a couple days to check for markings unless someone beats me to it. Just thought I’d let the peeps here know another one is coming. :)

IMG_0323.png

I haven’t seen a new thread created yet for the new permitted Tukwila Supercharger permitted and starting construction on 9/4 a few blocks from the current location.

It’s a 16 Stall with a Pull through located behind the T-Mobile on Southcenter Parkway. :)

I’ll be there in a couple days to check for markings unless someone beats me to it. Just thought I’d let the peeps here know another one is coming. :)

View attachment 969664
Thanks for pointing this out. If you go back to the main page for the Northwest Supercharger forum you can start new supercharger site threads there. I have reported to the mods so they should move this there at some point.

Nice location right by the airport! With Hertz's insane requirement to bring back EV rentals with >80% charge it's going to be nice having all of this capacity a few minutes from the rental car return.
It’s not just renters, it’s Hertz employees too! I was at the existing Tukwilla charger at 9am on a regular weekday a few months back and all 16 stalls were full, and all the drivers were wearing Hertz jackets.

Reactions: ArmandRose
It’s not just renters, it’s Hertz employees too! I was at the existing Tukwilla charger at 9am on a regular weekday a few months back and all 16 stalls were full, and all the drivers were wearing Hertz jackets.
Those are still Hertz cars, whether employees are charging or renters are charging, there will be a huge demand for power either right before the cars are returned or right after.

Those are still Hertz cars, whether employees are charging or renters are charging, there will be a huge demand for power either right before the cars are returned or right after.
Yes, they’re Hertz vehicles of course, I’m just surprised:
  • Hertz thinks it’s a good idea to occupy paid employees for so long doing this
  • Hertz or Tesla hasn’t put in superchargers at the airport’s car-rental center and save the employee time doing this as they could plug in and then do other duties

Reactions: bruce4000
  • Hertz or Tesla hasn’t put in superchargers at the airport’s car-rental center and save the employee time doing this as they could plug in and then do other duties
I recently rented a model Y in Toronto Pearson Airport from Hertz. They did have destination chargers to top off the cars at Hertz, mine was at 88% SOC when I picked it up. Problem there is the nearest supercharger is 20 minutes down the highway, and with a slow charge taper near 80%, it takes the joy out of renting when the car needs time to charge before returning. I can see why non-EV people are reluctant to rent and spend time charging.
There too the employees saturate the supercharger as well I am told.

Reactions: goneskiian
I recently rented a model Y in Toronto Pearson Airport from Hertz. They did have destination chargers to top off the cars at Hertz, mine was at 88% SOC when I picked it up. Problem there is the nearest supercharger is 20 minutes down the highway, and with a slow charge taper near 80%, it takes the joy out of renting when the car needs time to charge before returning. I can see why non-EV people are reluctant to rent and spend time charging.
There too the employees saturate the supercharger as well I am told.
There are other Hertz locations who require a different SOC upon return. I believe 20% is common.

I recently rented a Model 3 (not through Hertz) and they only required a 5% SOC upon return. I thought this was too low, but their dedicated parking spots did have HPWCs so I guess I can see the logic.

I agree that 80% is too high , especially if the nearest supercharger is miles away. In your case, you'd probably have to charge to 90% to be sure you arrive with >80%. Not good.

At $35 that likely pays for the charge and the employees time.