Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Turkey Lake, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Jim,
l know that you're kidding. Disney's dubious and extremely slow execution of chargers is polar opposites from Tesla's. You can't find a less similar comparison. ;)

Larry

My subtle sarcasm is probably lost on some, I was not being complimentary to the design of the charge stations at Epcot. I am honestly torn between the fact that there are chargers and the facts that there are not enough, they cost too much, they are a pain to park at and they only have them at Epcot. I agree that every Disney resort should have charging facilities as well as the parks. I expect Disney to be world class and the lack of chargers removes them from that status.

My subtle sarcasm is probably lost on some, I was not being complimentary to the design of the charge stations at Epcot. I am honestly torn between the fact that there are chargers and the facts that there are not enough, they cost too much, they are a pain to park at and they only have them at Epcot. I agree that every Disney resort should have charging facilities as well as the parks. I expect Disney to be world class and the lack of chargers removes them from that status.
I stayed there many times. It's awesome there. The chargers are located located in the garage next to the entrance- making it the best spots. Overnight you get a full charge. I thinks it's the best place to stay in Orlando.

I stayed there many times. It's awesome there. The chargers are located located in the garage next to the entrance- making it the best spots. Overnight you get a full charge. I thinks it's the best place to stay in Orlando.

Hi Harry,

Could you please clarify? Where have you stayed that have chargers in the garage next to the entrance?

Thanks.

Larry

Stopped by the SC last night. Minor changes as one can see in the photos.

IMG_3211.JPG

IMG_3212.JPG

Two different parking signs; 3 of each.
IMG_3213.JPG
IMG_3214.JPG

On the toll front, I came from I4 north on the TP and paid $.52 using Sunpass. Did the Uturn at the service plaza, took TP south, exited to I4, and paid another $.52. Non-Sunpass holders would pay the full $.75 each way.

Here's a progress shot from this afternoon. The crew is just finishing the wiring on the switches. The transformer has been installed and they expect to be ready for Tesla to do the testing very soon.

IMG_1384.JPG

IMG_1383.JPG

IMG_1382.JPG

Last edited:
Subscribed. I will be taking a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale next month. We're taking the auto train from Lorton, VA to Sanford, FL, staying over night in Orlando, and then on to Ft. Lauderdale. The Orlando SC will make this much easier.

Subscribed. I will be taking a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale next month. We're taking the auto train from Lorton, VA to Sanford, FL, staying over night in Orlando, and then on to Ft. Lauderdale. The Orlando SC will make this much easier.

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to the Sunshine State.

Here's a link to a Map of Florida Hotels with Electric Charging Stations.

Just zoom into the area in Orlando that you are interested in to find a hotel with overnight charging.

This thread below discusses some of the hotels.

Hotels in Florida with Charging Stations

In addition, the Amtrak station in Sanford is only about 10 miles from the Tesla Orlando-Longwood Service Center in the event you need an immediate charge.

Please let us know how the Auto Train experience goes.

Larry

You would obviously know that there is a Supercharger at Woodbridge a few miles south of Lorton, I would charge up there before loading your car, then you can easily make it to Port St Lucie from Sanford. Also, the Ft Drum Station would may be up by then also. But Turkey Lake SP will be quite out of your way from Sanford. I thought of the Auto Train when coming back from Mass in Oct. But the drive wasn't difficult, the thought of it being free was nice. Also would rather be driving my MS than sitting on the train for 19 hours. You could probably drive from where you are to Jax by dark, then straight on down to FLL, saving time and about $800.

Supercharger in Orlando (Confirmed?)

You would obviously know that there is a Supercharger at Woodbridge a few miles south of Lorton, I would charge up there before loading your car, then you can easily make it to Port St Lucie from Sanford. Also, the Ft Drum Station would may be up by then also. But Turkey Lake SP will be quite out of your way from Sanford. I thought of the Auto Train when coming back from Mass in Oct. But the drive wasn't difficult, the thought of it being free was nice. Also would rather be driving my MS than sitting on the train for 19 hours. You could probably drive from where you are to Jax by dark, then straight on down to FLL, saving time and about $800.

I've got a 10 and 9 year old with me, and we thought it would be fun to try the train. We've got a family sleeper room, so the overnight part should be easy. We're staying one night in Orlando, and will likely use the car a bit while we're there, so I think the Orlando SC on the way out makes the most sense. We will be driving back home from Ft. Lauderdale after the cruise.

Last edited: