Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Valley Stream, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1711042596559.png

It's possible Tesla plans to keep the original 16 stalls live in addition to adding the new v3's. The area absolutely could use all of that capacity. If that is the plan, there could be an additional site outage at some point to upgrade the transformer to the site (unless they plan to add a second transformer to feed the new equipment).

The site now shows as 20 stalls, with four out of service. Is there any sign of the temporary supercharger trailers being available (posts unwrapped & lit)? It's conceivable they have energized the trailer to charge the megapacks w/o enabling the posts themselves. It would be interesting to see the positions of the switches featured in post #67 (Supercharger - Valley Stream, NY) which might indicate this was done.

90DFE099-D2E8-47DD-B907-F15EB34D1C2A_1_201_a.jpeg

Last edited:
Curious - are all eight of the new v3 stalls illuminated & numbered? The site is showing 20 total stalls at the moment in the app (still also showing max 72 kW too).

Any sign/indication that the transformer was swapped out for a larger one while the site was completely down?

Curious - are all eight of the new v3 stalls illuminated & numbered? The site is showing 20 total stalls at the moment in the app (still also showing max 72 kW too).

Any sign/indication that the transformer was swapped out for a larger one while the site was completely down?
I think all the new stalls are numbered.
I didn't notice any illumination but it was daylight out. I will drive past tonight to see.
There is no evidence of a transformer change.

Reactions: Tdreamer
Appreciate the updates. Trying to figure out how/when to update supercharge.info with the site upgrade. Ultimately, this looks like it will be the original 16 72kW urban posts plus the new 8 250kW v3's. But the app shows 20x72kW at the moment (for me anyway). Haven't run out to the car to see what it may be showing.

If only half of the expansion is online, it could either mean a problem was found with it, or perhaps a power capacity limit for the site with the existing transformer, and that the final 4 posts will stay dark until a transformer upgrade. It's also possible the new v3 posts are 72kW limited - it would be interesting to get some assessment from people on that, obviously requiring they attempt to charge with an appropriately low state of charge and a bit of preconditioning as well.

Reactions: st50maint