Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Ventura, CA - South Ann Street (LIVE 18 Mar 2024, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live 3 blocks from there, it is close to Ventura College and a very high traffic area. Would be nice to have them build something new closer to the 101 and definitely upgrade the collection to V3s (and perhaps double it)
I agree with you. Adding 18 V3s would be nice! Ventura can use a Supercharging station for sure.

I found some city documentation discussing Tesla plans for superchargers in Ventura, but it was mainly for a city parking lot, though a second location in a private lot "downtown" was also mentioned in the later document:

* April 15, 2021 meeting [PDF]: "A. TESLA and Electrify America high speed charging station locations near 420 Santa Clara “DVP Parking LOT” or new location proposal information"

* July 15, 2021 meeting [PDF]: "B. TESLA and Electrify America EV charging update. City Attorney is reviewing the template Electrify America agreement. They have not discussed lease fees and other details. The Attorneys office is also reviewing a template agreement from a company that will install chargers at no cost to the City where the City would own, operate and collect charging revenue.
C. Tesla has been talking with a private lot owner downtown."

With Tesla's recent leak of all future supercharger addresses. It looks like the Ventura supercharger is going to be at 256 S Ann Street.

• Informative
Reactions: gene
With Tesla's recent leak of all future supercharger addresses. It looks like the Ventura supercharger is going to be at 256 S Ann Street.

That is an excellent location. Much better than the previously rumored location. Good food choices within a few minutes walk. Ventura's finest restaurant is literally across the street! Cafe Zack. Cafe Zack - Ventura, CA

I have just gotten off the phone with property owners adjacent to this new location and it is a certainty that these chargers are going in! You have Transmission Brewing, Topper's Pizza and Cafe Zack right there!

@marcorp

Last edited:
As of this afternoon, the parking lot was fenced off, and there's clearly some mild renovation to the parking lot itself going on, but no signs of Tesla equipment or related trenching yet. Will keep an eye out next time I'm in the area.

• Informative
I drove by the location today to take a look around. I have watch plenty of Superchargers go in and generally any beautification to be done is well after the charging stalls are all in and ready to go. What is out of the ordinary here is that there is new blacktop, new curbs, islands, lighting posts, and plenty of olive trees already in place. This work looks like it has been done fairly recently. It is just odd as Tesla will have to tear a lot of this up for cabling.

Anyway, here are some pictures. The first one is google arial picture of how this place would have looked just a few months ago.

Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 6.06.31 PM.png

And below are pictures from today:
Screen Shot 2022-10-17 at 6.06.31 PM.png
IMG_7531.jpeg
IMG_7530.jpeg
IMG_7528.jpeg
IMG_7529.jpeg

Reactions: Young
My home town for 24 years and very close to where I last lived. Excellent location for north bound 101 access (San Jon exit) and pretty straighforward for southbound (Ventura Ave exit then 3/4 mile straight down Thompson. Pretty exciting as I still have family in town and visit a couple times a year.
👍 on Cafe Zack, our go-to place for celebration dinners for years!

Note that there is a Supercharger under construction at Denny's on Telegraph in Ventura about 3 miles to the east of this location. It is some distance from the 101 freeway, about 7 to 8 minutes drive.

I still believe this Ann street location will be coming along.

• Informative
Reactions: wtlloyd
Note that there is a Supercharger under construction at Denny's on Telegraph in Ventura about 3 miles to the east of this location. It is some distance from the 101 freeway, about 7 to 8 minutes drive.

I still believe this Ann street location will be coming along.

Glad to see something is coming along, though slightly disappointed it's not at this location. Tesla typically puts multiple pins on their Find Us map when there are multiple new stations coming to a city, so if this address is still planned, it probably won't be this year.