Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Walker, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just stopped by about 4pm and a couple of electricians from Lakeland Electric were there and they said the site just passed the major electrical test and just needs a few tweeks!! to get it running. They didn't have a time frame but it looks promising to have it up and running pretty soon. It is only 4 Tesla units and the other 2 units are for another charging company. They weren't installing them, but they said they haven't seen any other company working on the other units.

This is very convenient, right off I96, for people traveling to the Big Lake. Also right across the street from the Meijer headquarters!!! Coincidence? I think not. Thanks Meijer family for another GR supercharger!!! Bob Evans is close by as is McDonalds.

Four pedestals and three cabinets? Strange. Either two of the stalls are not paired and are supported by their own Supercharger cabinet or one cabinet is not in use (reserved for future expansion; unlikely). It will be very interesting to see how they number these stalls.

Four pedestals and three cabinets? Strange. Either two of the stalls are not paired and are supported by their own Supercharger cabinet or one cabinet is not in use (reserved for future expansion; unlikely). It will be very interesting to see how they number these stalls.

That got me too, the 3 cabinet pic is from a tangent I caused earlier in the thread. The concrete ceiling shows it's not the same site.

I think there's only 2 cabinets installed right now, but we never got any pictures of them actually in place to be sure. We did see only 2 autotransformers had been installed at the time the one picture we have was taken. But from the sizing of the enclosure/concrete pad it looks like they have enough room to expand to a third cabinet and AT pair inside there. Plus there are 6 parking stalls in that area. So they might have prepared for a minor expansion?

I think there's only 2 cabinets installed right now, but we never got any pictures of them actually in place to be sure. We did see only 2 autotransformers had been installed at the time the one picture we have was taken. But from the sizing of the enclosure/concrete pad it looks like they have enough room to expand to a third cabinet and AT pair inside there. Plus there are 6 parking stalls in that area. So they might have prepared for a minor expansion?

The pdf of the plans in post #1 shows 4 supercharger stations, 2 chargeppoint stations, and one expansion spot. So 2 supercharger cabinets is all that would be expected at this point.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
A night photo on PlugShare. The chargers are clearly working, though the car does not look to be plugged in.
73561872-9AF5-41B4-8A44-05E0A68CA4E1.jpeg

Reactions: tigerrr
Just tested the ChargePoint station with my CHAdeMO connector and it works just fine in the mid 40s KW. It could be a fallback for the SC, but this is not yet a heavily traveled SC route. As the owner of a 2016 LEAF as well, this opens up the ability of legacy short-range EVs to drive across lower Michigan. With a decent convenience store and a Starbucks, this stop is well executed for our purposes.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP