Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Walker, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yea the pedestals for both urban and normal superchargers are just fancy empty shells with some minor wiring connections inside. All the real magic for both supercharger types happens at the backend, those big gray cabinets that are usually hidden away behind fences out of sight.

img_2396.jpg

Indeed, terminal blocks, current sense, and some lighting. Not sure how I convinced myself the Urban ones fit all the electronics in the little pedestal (AC vs DC???? :confused::oops:)

Reactions: Fiver
So it looks to me like this will only be a 4 stall Supercharger installation (not the urban type) and a 2 stall ChargePoint CCS+CHAdeMO combination installation (likely the Tritium Veefil unit) with the option for a third down the road. I doubt very much that they will install both an additional ChargePoint and an additional Supercharger pedestal in that one remaining parking space, as shown in their drawings.

Reactions: mongo
There are 8 parking spaces there. The 4 yellow bollards are likely to protect the (future) switchgear equipment from unintended acceleration events.
Those bollards are to protect the hydrant or water mains service that are behind them from same, not part of the supercharger install. Though when the utility transformer for the SC is installed, that will also get bollards and the switchgear and other back-end hardware may as well.

Those bollards are to protect the hydrant or water mains service that are behind them from same, not part of the supercharger install. Though when the utility transformer for the SC is installed, that will also get bollards and the switchgear and other back-end hardware may as well.

Gotcha. I thought it was strange that the bollards were the first thing to go it. Makes sense now.

Just stopped by about 4pm and a couple of electricians from Lakeland Electric were there and they said the site just passed the major electrical test and just needs a few tweeks!! to get it running. They didn't have a time frame but it looks promising to have it up and running pretty soon. It is only 4 Tesla units and the other 2 units are for another charging company. They weren't installing them, but they said they haven't seen any other company working on the other units.

This is very convenient, right off I96, for people traveling to the Big Lake. Also right across the street from the Meijer headquarters!!! Coincidence? I think not. Thanks Meijer family for another GR supercharger!!! Bob Evans is close by as is McDonalds.

Attachments

• I0zr9NWZTw+2uxossPiOdQ.jpg
    I0zr9NWZTw+2uxossPiOdQ.jpg
    796.2 KB · Views: 69