Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Washington, DC (Wisconsin Ave NW)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
E5811FAB-7A01-49C2-B52F-1997D0D8D823.jpeg

Interesting about the cost. My guess is that is driven by the higher cost of real estate and the rent Tesla is paying for access - its in Georgetown, after all, and an enclosed garage at that!

I'm not as familiar with VA/MD electric rates but I don't think PEPCO rates in DC are significantly different (at the moment). Commercial rates are available here.

It will be interesting to see the pricing when the Market St NE charger is online. The cost of renting in Fort Lincoln is a heck of a lot less than Georgetown, but the electric prices would be the same. Glad to see it is getting tons of use. I probably won't get much use out of this one as I rarely have my car over on that side of town and have home charging, but its great to see Supercharging options finally come to the District.

True. I’m nearby without home charging (mostly charge at work) so the $ caught my eye.

A 50 kWh charge works out to be about $6 more expensive than the same charge in VA, equivalent to a $6 parking fee, which is what is charged in Arlington.
That cinder block wall still looks like it's covered in algae. Say... you don't happen to have a stockpile of proper 5500K street bulbs by chance to fix the root cause... :rolleyes:

5500K is a terrible choice for street lighting. Way too much blue light output for night time. Warmer is better for a variety of reasons.

That said, there is something wrong with the phosphors in these lights. Some early LED fixtures have this problem where the lights turn distinctly green as the phosphors age. I’ve noticed this at a number of Sheetz stations, as well.

• Informative
Reactions: Itsuo-DC