Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Wells, NV

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh, and I would definitely appreciate it if someone would scout hard in Ely. I-80 density is nice, but as someone who frequently travels from Seattle to Vegas, I'm really hoping this might be a sign that they are considering opening up the Ely route (finally). I'm growing very weary of staying on the interstate routes for that drive.

I tend to agree with inatm though in that I'm not really sure how Tesla will solve the Ely to Vegas stretch. Crystal Springs would be the appropriate splitter, but I don't recall much being there, maybe just a gas station or even just a crossroads and a name on a map. Panaca does have 2 Chargepoint Chademo plugs, so maybe there is enough electrical there. This would be on the slower route between Ely and Vegas but beggars can't be choosers! If they were to put one in Panaca, I would expect them to try to install a supercharger at the Love's truck stop north of Las Vegas where US93 meets I-15. Reason being that Panaca to Vegas is too big of a gap and also being on the interstate, it would provide more I-15 density and shorten the gap between Vegas and St. George. That truck stop is basically the only thing at that intersection, but being a large truck stop on an interstate, I assume they would have the proper electrical infrastructure. So that one's a longshot at this point but if anyone is traveling I-15 north of Vegas any time soon, maybe stop at that Love's and poke your head around the parking lot just in case :)
I was at Ely in July 2020. There is only one GreenLot DC fast charger next to the Shell station. I have a CHAdeMO adapter for my P85D. I can't get the DC fast charger to work, keep erroring out. Call the tech support they remote reboot the station still no luck. End up having to use the slow Level 2 and wasted hours. I will never again travel to a town with only one DC station. My experience is they seem to be broken a lot. On the same trip I charged at Panaca, it's a ChargePoint DC fast charger. Used my CHAdeMO adapter and it works fine and the charge was free. Then continue south to Alamo (just pass Crystal Springs) with two new GreenLots DC chargers both with CCS and CHAdeMO. Again got out with the CHAdeMO to Tesla adapter, which works perfectly. So glad I bought the CHAdeMO adapter well worth the $400 for these out of SuperCharger travels. Now if they also have a CCS adapter I am so going for that too.

Might be worth poking around Winnemucca to see if it's getting an upgrade, which if so begs the question of connecting 95 to Burns and Boise. McDermitt looks like the only bit of civilization on that route, but who knows if they have the electrical capacity to support a supercharger.
Winnemucca is in the process of getting a V3 addition:

20210512_133719.jpg