Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tejon Ranch, CA - Outlets at Tejon Pkwy (LIVE 1 Sep 2021, 76 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Tesla is planning another massive Supercharger, this time in Wheeler Ridge at the Outlets at Tejon (5701 Outlets at Tejon Pkwy). 56 stalls!!

Wheeler Ridge Supercharger.jpg

Wow, amazing. Tesla, you are on it! Always thought that outlet center would be a great place for a Supercharger station as well, since it’s a much-needed area for that, and the Tejon side can get busy. Now a massive station! Kudos! (Now just get a big station along the 99 between Bakersfield and Fresno- there’s a need there for a large station).

Reactions: 1100MCM
Interesting about the 56 SuperChargers, so there will be 14 cabinets of 1 MWh, each cabinet been connected to four V3 SuperChargers.

May be there will be additional parking slots for CyberTrucks and Vans or Disable Vehicules, like at the Firebaugh, CA Supercharger?
This is the same as Firebaugh. Each set of 7 cabinets are fed by one utility transformer, 2500-3200kVA, feeding 28 stalls. Two full sets make up the 56 stalls. A V3 cabinet is not 1MW. Each cabinet can draw up to 350kVA from the grid and up to 575kW from the DC bus that connects the cabinets.

This is the same as Firebaugh. Each set of 7 cabinets are fed by one utility transformer, 2500-3200kVA, feeding 28 stalls. Two full sets make up the 56 stalls. A V3 cabinet is not 1MW. Each cabinet can draw up to 350kVA from the grid and up to 575kW from the DC bus that connects the cabinets.
I wonder if the V3 Supercharger cabinets will be similar to the V3 with only 3 stalls supporting 575 kWh but able to deliver 800 V DC in the future, like the recently installed in Europe and Asia?

See the Bjørn Nyland video at 7:35 Supercharger in Oslo

V3 Supercharger - 3 stalls .jpg

I wonder if the V3 Supercharger cabinets will be similar to the V3 with only 3 stalls supporting 575 kWh but able to deliver 800 V DC in the future, like the recently installed in Europe and Asia?

See the Bjørn Nyland video at 7:35 Supercharger in Oslo
That's no different from the V3 cabinets that feed 4 stalls and your (or Bjorn's?) interpretation of what that means is wrong. It doesn't support 800V DC charging. The section you circled only describes the DC bus that connects all of the cabinets together and what sort of power/electric flows it can handle. It means that each cabinet can import/export electricity to the others at 880-1000V. But the output from the cabinet to the charging posts is listed separately, just to the right and up a little bit where the nameplate says "POST DC Output". It still lists the output to the cars as 250 kW max and 0-500V.

That's no different from the V3 cabinets that feed 4 stalls and your (or Bjorn's?) interpretation of what that means is wrong. It doesn't support 800V DC charging. The section you circled only describes the DC bus that connects all of the cabinets together and what sort of power/electric flows it can handle. It means that each cabinet can import/export electricity to the others at 880-1000V. But the output from the cabinet to the charging posts is listed separately, just to the right and up a little bit where the nameplate says "POST DC Output". It still lists the output to the cars as 250 kW max and 0-500V.
Thank you for following back, I was also puzzle about the 800 V comment from Bjørn's video, as I noticed also the 500 V DC Output.

Note: I don't want to deviate too much form the original posting about building a so needed clone of the Firebaugh Supercharger just at the edge of the Grapevine pass,
but regarding the DC bus connecting all the cabinets, for a layman person like myself regarding supercharging,
there is an overview video on this subject starting at 1:28 and then at 11:51 Kempower's backend.

@mociaf9 do you have any spec values for the DC bus used on the Ionity or other 800 V 350 kW superchargers?

Last edited:
Not sure about Ionity but ABB can also do up to 920 V input on a DC bus (800 V nominal). They also have shared architecture similar to Tesla but I’m unsure how exactly they can be paired. As shown on nameplate:

“FOR USE WITH ELECTRIC VEHICLES
Input
480/277V 3W + PE
DC Input
150 -920V Max 500A
DC Output 1 CCS1
150-920V Max 500A
DC Output 2 CCS1
150 -920V Max 500A”