Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Whittier, CA (LIVE 26 Oct 2023, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0093.jpeg

Superchargers opening up in Whittier at the Whittwood Towncenter in between Carl’s and BWW.

UPDATE 9/24/23

Still not opened. I live across the street and check daily and the last thing they did last week 9/15 was finish pouring the last level of asphalt around the surrounding areas to make it complete with everything.

Electrical has been completed though so I’m assuming the only thing left to be done is the final completion of the security around it…ie if this center is installing more cameras/new security guys scheduling etc.

Looks like this week should be up and going!

1695591388160.jpeg

Can’t see. At my 7 o’clock is where all of the electrical is and bulk of the chargers is but it’s been chain linked this entire time. The closest ones in that radius to this one lately has only been brea madrona, Fullerton and Lincoln, all 250s and they were put up form start to finish within 4 weeks. Is that normal?

Can’t see. At my 7 o’clock is where all of the electrical is and bulk of the chargers is but it’s been chain linked this entire time.
The transformers are large green cabinets usually. If there is a empty concrete slab around 5' x 8' (guessing from memory), that's where the transformer goes.

The closest ones in that radius to this one lately has only been brea madrona, Fullerton and Lincoln, all 250s and they were put up form start to finish within 4 weeks. Is that normal?
Brea Madrona was first teased Oct 2018, proposed to the city Feb 2020, permitted Oct 2020, construction started May 2022 and opened Oct 10, 2022 (with the last thing being the transformer)

Not all take this long (the one in Brea Mall was MUCH quicker).

Update as of 10/21. I would imagine it will be open soon. View attachment 984193
I drove by on weds night around 1am and there was workers everywhere. Coned off the entire area. 5 6 trucks. Asked politely if he knew when it was going to open and said like a dick” been open dude, we’re just running some more lines underneath, come back later.” Wtf? As he was doing nothing but watching his coworker piss on the Carl’s Jr drive thru entrance lol. Asshole. I was asking the simplest question if you don’t know then just say I don’t know. It’s the people who are already going to these under construction ones and mess with them before being complete ie taking the covers off, moving the cones, trying them. That was the undertone I was getting from this prick…

It’s not your job to tell me when it’s opening of course not nor would that be expected of you obvs? But don’t tell a person while your working on it it’s already been open if it hasent.

Was there workers there when you took this pic 10/21?

I drove by on weds night around 1am and there was workers everywhere. Coned off the entire area. 5 6 trucks. Asked politely if he knew when it was going to open and said like a dick” been open dude, we’re just running some more lines underneath, come back later.” Wtf? As he was doing nothing but watching his coworker piss on the Carl’s Jr drive thru entrance lol. Asshole. I was asking the simplest question if you don’t know then just say I don’t know. It’s the people who are already going to these under construction ones and mess with them before being complete ie taking the covers off, moving the cones, trying them. That was the undertone I was getting from this prick…

It’s not your job to tell me when it’s opening of course not nor would that be expected of you obvs? But don’t tell a person while your working on it it’s already been open if it hasent.

Was there workers there when you took this pic 10/21?
No, I didn’t see any workers there on 10/21.