Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yermo, CA (LIVE 21 Nov 2017, 18 V2 Stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The ribbon cutting ceremony on March 21, 2018 featured the owner with scissors in hand to formally dedicate this amazing gourmet quality food, beverage and candy palace.

5409ABF6-7686-4481-9D5F-5647582D7CB7.jpeg
C0DC8B77-881B-4142-8764-E48F8B2BEC50.jpeg

7A9B937A-F752-4499-8EDD-8F1CF5F283A7.jpeg 9FF30874-A61F-4C68-BE6E-A781D3CE6C72.jpeg 63D6853E-E46D-415E-B959-2245E3BBE308.jpeg 86AD9985-CEBD-4508-AF1A-5A92A04E7E5C.jpeg D0A4D90E-AAB4-43DE-ADE7-459C81E4AE0C.jpeg C1D627D2-AAC2-4D2F-ACE7-D3CDFDADCB0F.jpeg 5901C8C1-D098-4F4F-A449-B9F28182C985.jpeg 400E74C2-F624-4197-95F4-A33A34996372.jpeg

Designer and owner of Eddie World pictured together. Joining the celebration were city officials and dignitaries.

Last edited:
So, stopped by the Yermo supercharging station and Eddies World...;/
Charging station...great!
EW...if you like a very hyped convenience store/fast food/coffee/you name it.
I'm an architect and the absolute level of poor taste in developments. Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked a business sees value in charging stations (very good opportunity)...but level of kitsch annoys me. I got my iced tea and happy to move on...but still glad it's there for all us Tesla drivers

Yeah I did the same over this past weekend. The charging was fine, but the place was not as full-service as I had hoped. And they go heavy on the candy, and didn't even have regular pretzels on site. With food service and the bar closing at 10PM - which ok, fine; we were making a late night run to Vegas after all - but the borderline militancy with which the security guard was shouting at people to get out of the bathroom because the place was going to close in 10 minutes was a bit over-the-top.

This does beg the question, though: What to do if you're charging or even getting gas after midnight? As far as I could tell there were no outdoor restroom facilities. I'm willing to guess that most travelers who are going to stop at a place like Yermo for re-fueling, instead of, say, Barstow, may be a bit more desperate for a restroom than those who plan better. My buddy and I even saw two different people get shushed off out of the bushes by security while we were charging.

And note to Tesla Nav: You could have directed me straight to Calico Rd. There was no reason to have me get off at Yermo Rd., hang a left, cross over the 15, then drive on Calico Blvd in the near pitch-black darkness for a mile-ish before crossing over the 15 yet again to reach EW. At ~10% charge level at that dark hour that navigation didn't inspire confidence! Luckily that was still enough charge to double-back to Lenwood, but that wasn't necessary.

Yes I was there twice in early to mid June and they were installing solar on the roofs over the gas pumps. It looked like there would be some type of battery storage on one of the islands in between two gas pumps. At the time it did not appear that the solar panels would be angled properly but I suppose that might not be as big a deal at such a sunny and southerly location.

• Helpful
Reactions: daver6640
Stopped by here on my way to Vegas last night for EVO and I gotta say, I am really impressed with Eddie World. Clean bathrooms, snacks, drinks, food, dessert, and even coffee! What more can you ask for?! I have a feeling that I’ll be regularly stopping here to charge to and from Vegas!

• Informative
Reactions: OCRyan
Solar panels
24 hour bathroom access
MORE stalls!
They actually did install solar panels on the roof above the gas pumps, but I don't think it powers the superchargers. See up thread for discussion.

Also I think there are plenty of stalls here for now, but there is room for expansion if necessary. The side lot in front of the supercharger gets little use.

They actually did install solar panels on the roof above the gas pumps, but I don't think it powers the superchargers. See up thread for discussion.

Also I think there are plenty of stalls here for now, but there is room for expansion if necessary. The side lot in front of the supercharger gets little use.
Yeah I saw that solar install, management confirmed they don’t power the superchargers. I was talking about a solar canopy over the chargers, that would be beneficial in more ways than one.

More stalls will definitely be necessary, unless they build a lounge at baker similar to Kettleman

Don’t get me wrong though, there’s nothing to complain about yermo, it’s a great location.

Just stopped at this SC on way from SD to Vegas and back. Both times I was the only car there and 2 others stopped as I was charging when heading to Vegas. Great place to stop, glad to have options other then Barstow. Only complaint is that charging speed seemed a little slower, only hit 98kw charging speed on both stops and had less then 5% charge when I started.

Here are some photos of the Yermo Supercharger I took in my recent trip in December 2018. The build-your-own pizza place has been expanded to include burgers, sushi and sandwiches. When it first opened there was only pizza as a hot food choice. This Supercharger is being discussed in a thread about a San Fernando Valley, California to Las Vegas road trip here: Trip Report: LA (SFV) to Vegas and back in 2 days (CES)

Attachments

• Eddies World Charging Bays.jpg
    Eddies World Charging Bays.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 96
  • Eddies World Exterior.jpg
    Eddies World Exterior.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 115
  • Eddies World Exterior 2.jpg
    Eddies World Exterior 2.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 90
  • Eddies World Panoramic Interior.jpg
    Eddies World Panoramic Interior.jpg
    230.9 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Heads up, EddieWorld is installing their own DCFC chargers.
Couldn’t find what the price would be to charge.

From their Facebook-
ChargePoint has a CEC funded site at this address:
36017 Calico Road Yermo, CA 92398

I believe that is the installation that you're seeing. It will probably be much like the installation that was just turned on at the Chevron across the highway from the Harris Ranch Inn & Restaurant. The ChargePoint corridor sites typically charge $0.10/min + $0.25/kWh on their 50kW stations.

PlugShare - Chevron Coalinga
383582.jpg