Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yermo, CA - Sunrise Canyon Rd (LIVE 25 May 2023, 40 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
the expansion is still not active, that's true. i was just going by what the screen in the car said (which is 250kw), i didn't really check it to verify because we only stopped long enough to use the restroom and get on our way. it didn't seem to be super slow, though, and got us enough charge each time to get to primm on the way there and barstow on the way back (since we needed an extra restroom stop anyway).
If there isn’t someone sharing a cabinet with you at a V2 site, you will get the max speed your car can take as determined by your SoC and battery temp. At least in theory.

The data for the map in the car and online was messed up this weekend. Someone was doing some work on the backend and it made it into the car. Several sites showed potential future expansions as available.

As with all things Tesla, it’s up to you to find out how to tell the difference from V2 and V3. V2 has a much thicker cable. There are a few sites where the 3 stalls are marked as 250kw but when there are no markings, the cable thickness is the giveaway. There are also major differences in the number and type of cabinets feeding the stalls but those are not always visible. Just because a site on the nav map says up to 250kw doesn’t mean ALL stalls at the site support 250kw. With the expansion at Baker, the existing 40 V2 stalls won’t magically allow 250kw charging but the map will say up to 250kw. On the website they at least try to break down the different types of chargers at a site if applicable.

Here and supercharge.info are much better resources that are independently updated based on real world usage.

• Helpful
Reactions: Acps110
If there isn’t someone sharing a cabinet with you at a V2 site, you will get the max speed your car can take as determined by your SoC and battery temp. At least in theory.

i'm aware.

As with all things Tesla, it’s up to you to find out how to tell the difference from V2 and V3. V2 has a much thicker cable. There are a few sites where the 3 stalls are marked as 250kw but when there are no markings, the cable thickness is the giveaway. There are also major differences in the number and type of cabinets feeding the stalls but those are not always visible. Just because a site on the nav map says up to 250kw doesn’t mean ALL stalls at the site support 250kw. With the expansion at Baker, the existing 40 V2 stalls won’t magically allow 250kw charging but the map will say up to 250kw. On the website they at least try to break down the different types of chargers at a site if applicable.

i'm aware of that too, thanks.

i didn't even bother to check the cable, because honestly it just wasn't that important to me. i was only concerned with plugging in, using the restroom, and then getting back on our way since we were planning to stop at the next SC along the way anyway...baker was a secondary stop because i wouldn't have made it to primm or yermo without it.

my comment about it being 250kw was based on what i saw on the map...nothing more, nothing less.

What happened at this site?? I charged today.

Did a transformer blow? They are using a rental it appears with cables running all over. At least it works, for now.

Attachments

• IMG_9453.jpeg
    IMG_9453.jpeg
    492.6 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_9454.jpeg
    IMG_9454.jpeg
    493.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_9455.jpeg
    IMG_9455.jpeg
    606.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9456.jpeg
    IMG_9456.jpeg