Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Yermo, CA (LIVE 21 Nov 2017, 18 V2 Stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, but if you are trying to avoid congestion, there is tons of it backing up from the Bridge over the Mojave at Barstow all the way East to inspection station and even to Minneola Road. Frankly, if you are already on I-40 heading west, you could hit the SC at the Linwood exit in Barstow much quicker than driving between I-40 and I-15. Plus would you miss the east-of-Barstow bottleneck by taking I-40 all the way into Barstow.

Nah, the way through Mojave National Preserve is only 182 miles from the LV supercharger to the new one in Yermo, and 146 from the supercharger at Primm.
I see 150 range miles from Primm on the Mojave National Preserve route. It's a net downhill route, so you're right. The quick calcs were with Google Maps, but using evtripplanner.com it's very doable. Of course, Yermo isn't open. Yet.

I’m a little concerned about the continuing progress at Eddies World. Just went by last Friday and there were no workers there ....Everything paved, Superchargers installed but finish work on the facade and portico are not done. It looks to me like there is some holdup. They are not hiring yet. Work appears to have stopped. Funding dry up? Permit issue? Red Tape? Financial problems? Something is off..... Frankly almost looks like an abandoned project. I’ve seen that before in the desert.

I just saw this on the Eddie’s World Facebook page:

When you build in large developed areas you take certain situations for granted, like being able to connect to the local sewer system. Unfortunately, we did not have this luxury. Nevertheless, we found a solution. The construction of our waste water treatment plant is coming along great​

I just saw this on the Eddie’s World Facebook page:

When you build in large developed areas you take certain situations for granted, like being able to connect to the local sewer system. Unfortunately, we did not have this luxury. Nevertheless, we found a solution. The construction of our waste water treatment plant is coming along great​
Oh man. Maybe next time they should do a little research!

Reactions: rpez021
Oh man. Maybe next time they should do a little research!
The way they phrased this months ago was the same, and the timing made me assume it came in during the planning stages. I don’t think they were surprised by it before they broke ground.

I bet the issue is something else. Family emergency? Study being done? Big part order taking a while? Could be anything.

Well their Facebook post, including a picture of a still under-construction wastewater system, was just made yesterday. That's pretty much the only reason I shared it here. I suppose the picture could have been taken a long time ago but the simplest answer seems to be to take their post at face value. I wonder if someone who drives by frequently may post updated photos soon.

Edit: Diving through their photo album it seems they had poured concrete on parts of the wastewater system before 9/20. It just seems like it's not done quite yet.

• Informative
Reactions: Ulmo
Comparing the two Facebook photos shows progress. Unique construction may require delays for city and/or county inspections. I'd rather see them take the time to get it right. Look how much taller the latest concrete structure is. The Eddie World sign is now on the ice cream cone.

Before:
21762270_296779734131851_4385160757550607005_o.jpg

After:
22384041_304435880032903_7307312341530698211_o.jpg

Last edited:
This pic is virtually identical to the ones I took three weeks ago. So little changed, that I did not even post them. Did you see many work vehicles at the site? When I went by at 2PM there was only one sedan on the whole property. What concerns me is that the exterior of the building needs a lot of finish work. Portico, facade etc. and there does nor appear to be any work going on. The good sign is the water hose in the above pic. At least some one is coming in to wet the newly poured concrete. It still seems suspicious to me. I’m thinking the Baker supercharger will be open for business before this. Started later but evidently 3 full crews working daily and making noticeable daily progress. I wonder if Eddies world would ever allow access to the Superchargers (which appear to be completed) before Eddie’s World opens? that would be cool. BTW there is supposed to be a new supercharger install in Hesperia before the end of 2017. If they are going to meet that goal, they should have broken ground by now. Anyone heard anything?

Maybe one theory, but I'm not quite sure: Construction is booming throughout the state, and there are a number of emergencies requiring attention throughout the country, so they may have trouble hiring contractors right now to do some of the simple stuff, and be scheduling it for later when they're expecting some of the slower moving parts to be coming available.

• Informative
Reactions: GoTslaGo
I’m not sure what is going on. It does look 90% complete, but there still is finish work to do and few workers. In addition they have not yet hired a manager and have not begun to hire the many employees needed to run the place. My question is whether the Superchargers can be operational and open to the public before the opening of EW.

Their recent Facebook postings: One from Oct 15, and another from Oct 25:

October 15, 2:34PM:

22448240_305469316596226_842679071694340359_n.jpg

Our core philosophy is to be wholly unique in everything we do. That’s why we’re hard at work on a Sunday creating handmade mosaic artwork for your viewing pleasure at #EddieWorldYermo
1f308.png
1f3a8.png
1f49a.png
#EddieWorld #art #mosaic #mosaicart #mosaics #handmade #artwork #construction #engineering #architecture #calicoghosttown #parking #civilengineering #design #structure #building #Yermo #Baker #Barstow #victorville #newberrysprings #highdesert
October 25, 4:17PM:

22814413_308959332913891_8914545641156257177_n.jpg

The future is looking tasty
1f366.png
1f61b.png
#i15 #art #construction #cherry #lights #monument #mascot #yummy #icecream #icecreamsundae #engineering #architecture #calicoghosttown #parking #civilengineering #design #structure #building #Yermo #Baker #Barstow #victorville #newberrysprings #highdesert

Comments:

Someone asked when they're opening, and they replied "ASAP!". Someone asked "Are you hiring yet", and they replied "Almost!". All on Oct. 25. No answer to a Oct. 27th question about the SuperChargers yet.​

• Informative
Reactions: Mark Z and GoTslaGo
I past it on 10/26 and 10/29, and there were a few worker's trucks on site. But it (Eddie's World in toto) looks far from being ready. The Superchargers are sitting there, beckoning but unavailable behind a fence (and probably sans power). :-(

(This post is totally in jest.)

How does a person know what "sans" means, but doesn't know the correct spelling for "passed"?

:D