Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Northern California (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another SC on 395 at Tioga Road, Whoa Nellie Delli is a great food stop, would fill in the 395 corridor to the North and make a loop through Yosemite possible.

The Whoa Nellie Deli would be a great place for an SC but first we need an SC near the Sierra foothills to make a trip to the Yosemite region possible. I was hoping that the Manteca location would fill that requirement but now Manteca seems to have disappeared. I am going to email Ownership and ask about that.

A Manteca location needs to have easy access from I-5 for that corridor... Interesting to see where it ends up. Really glad to hear about Roseville. I hope its at the Galleria near Rubios... the one in Vacaville is on the wrong side of the freeway:(

A Manteca location needs to have easy access from I-5 for that corridor.

I'm sure Tesla will place the Manteca SC close to one of the exits off the 120 connector between the I5 and the 99, making it just a few minutes from either north/south route.

I am really excited about having an SC there for trips from the SF area to the Yosemite region. Then I just need to find places to stay near Yosemite that can provide me with a 240V outlet for overnight charging. I am aware that Tenya Lodge near Fish Camp has two EV charging stations but my wife and I prefer to stay at smaller, more intimate places. I'll be looking for places near Groveland, Mariposa, or Oakhurst.

I am really excited about having an SC there for trips from the SF area to the Yosemite region. Then I just need to find places to stay near Yosemite that can provide me with a 240V outlet for overnight charging. I am aware that Tenya Lodge near Fish Camp has two EV charging stations but my wife and I prefer to stay at smaller, more intimate places. I'll be looking for places near Groveland, Mariposa, or Oakhurst.

I just took a look at B&B's on tripadvisor for Oakhurst. There are some really great looking places to stay! My guess is you could start calling them to find one with a 14-50 dryer outlet you could use. If you kindly explain the situation and that there would be other Tesla owners interested in staying AND that you can list them on Plugshare, you may find someone willing to install a 14-50 for future Tesla visitors, even if they do not have one already. As you likely know, depending on where their 240v is, a 14-50 install may be less for them to have installed than a couple of night's stay.

For example, there's a little place in Independence, Ca, (Ray's Den) along 395, for which I am paying the $300 for them to install two 14-50's. In return, I will get 6 overnights free, so its a win-win for us both. If you do give this a try, forward them the info from Tesla's website about 14-50 installation so they can show their electrician.

There have been a lot of unconfirmed reports that a SC is going in near Auburn or Roseville on I-80 to help fill the gap. And as has been discussed in numerous other posts the past two days, the new map has a number of missing stations that Tesla has said are still in the plan. Given how responsive Tesla has been, I would fully expect there to be another SC along I-80 that would give 60s a chance to reach the summit and make it down the hill into Reno or thereabouts.

Maybe Truckee. ( ah, I see the same thought above ;>

I was also thinking Eureka/Arcata needs one in addition to the Ukiah SC.( much nicer drive than I-5) Maybe I can propose it to the local transportation council just to try and get some local thoughts/input about a future possibility. There are several S' in Humboldt now ( 4 that I personally know of) + there is some local EV infrastructure stuff going on currently.

I stopped by Vacaville today - the "Coming Soon" covers are still on the superchargers and there was nobody working on site.

Im wondering when I'm actually going to run into you or one of the other three or four people checking this site out.

have any other locations been wrapped like this? Maybe there are a few that will be ribbon cut the same day near christmas and it will be like opening Christmas presents? I'm sure we will all see each other there.

vacaville location is right next to entrance ramps for north 505 (probably the main reason it is there) and east 80. It's also right next to a bridge that gets you to the other side of 80 for people going the other direction. I'm not sure what more you were wanting, especially when getting across 80 in this town can be difficult to figure out how to do if you aren't familiar (it cuts through diaganally and kills off most roads in dead ends). I did think for a while thy they might put four stalls in the nut tree plaza just for that reason.

Maybe Truckee. ( ah, I see the same thought above ;>

I was also thinking Eureka/Arcata needs one in addition to the Ukiah SC.( much nicer drive than I-5) Maybe I can propose it to the local transportation council just to try and get some local thoughts/input about a future possibility. There are several S' in Humboldt now ( 4 that I personally know of) + there is some local EV infrastructure stuff going on currently.

I really hope they open up 101 north of SF through NorCal. There is a lot of demand for one in Wine Country, maybe Healdsburg, and if they put one there, then only logical to add another couple north of that. Others have been writing to Tesla about their Supercharger requests. Anyone know who I should write to?

NorCal Supercharger locations?

I really hope they open up 101 north of SF through NorCal. There is a lot of demand for one in Wine Country, maybe Healdsburg, and if they put one there, then only logical to add another couple north of that. Others have been writing to Tesla about their Supercharger requests. Anyone know who I should write to?

[email protected]

Supercharger | Tesla Motors

Does anyone know where this 2014 SuperCharger north of SF is planned to be installed.

Screen Shot 2013-12-06 at 1.46.06 PM.png

I thought I had spotted you yesterday at Amici's Pizza, but the driver of the white MS wasn't you. Just how many MSs are there in Vacaville?
Well... I saw a vin 6xxx white one yesterday at target. I had previously only seen one other white one in vacaville, and the owner said he was just passing through. His was also a vin 6xxx... So maybe he was here for an extended stay since we both might have seen him two days in a row. The one I saw yesterday had the light grey 21 rims... P85. Mine are dark rims (stormtrooper look).

i know a black one lives in town. I know a grey one works in town. I've seen another grey one much earlier in the year. And that's it... Just other people posting pics of them stopping at the sc location.

supposedly there is one that lives in fairfield too