Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in Southern California (location speculation)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now if only Tesla could come through and add the Superchargers promised for Cerritos, Lakewood and Long Beach....

Promised?? To whom did he make this promise?

I find it easier to wait until the little pointer turns red on my center screen, rather than speculate. However, I have noticed that a lot of people use superchargers for ever day charging, rather than trips, considering it their right to let Tesla pay for not only the lease on the property where the charger is and the charging equipment, but the power used, so they don't have to pay for their charging power rather than charge at home, EVEN THOUGH their cars get EIGHT times the distance per dollar. Very few can't charge at home.

Cheap.

DEL AMO MALL UPDATE There are pending electrical and building permits with the City of Torrance for Tesla superchargers at Del Amo. Recent activity in Sept. October, looks like they are getting closer. See attached images. There are numerous chargers near the movie theatre off Carson but no Superchargers yet. Wonder if they will put them next to those exhibiting chargers or another location? I tried to nail down the location looking at the parcel maps but the specific parcel has been deleted on the LA County Assessor map (likely consumed by the larger Del Amo parcels. Anyone have insight on where at the Del Amo mall these will be? I can only pin down that it appears to be near Carson Street on the back side of Del Amo, not on Hawthorne Blvd.
Those permits say they are for a commercial battery system (Tesla Powerpack), not superchargers. Are there related permits that mention superchargers?

• Helpful
Reactions: Maaz
DEL AMO MALL UPDATE There are pending electrical and building permits with the City of Torrance for Tesla superchargers at Del Amo. Recent activity in Sept. October, looks like they are getting closer. See attached images. There are numerous chargers near the movie theatre off Carson but no Superchargers yet. Wonder if they will put them next to those exhibiting chargers or another location? I tried to nail down the location looking at the parcel maps but the specific parcel has been deleted on the LA County Assessor map (likely consumed by the larger Del Amo parcels. Anyone have insight on where at the Del Amo mall these will be? I can only pin down that it appears to be near Carson Street on the back side of Del Amo, not on Hawthorne Blvd.

thank god! I just hope it’s more than 20 as this will be used HEAVILY.

Perhaps where the old tire place is along Madrona. Currently fenced off and used for construction staging.

Between downtown to Riverside, no SC alone the 60 freeway

Between Santa Monica to Cabazon, no SC along the 10 freeway

Between Thousand Oaks and Burbank, no SC along the 101 to 134 route.

The whole 118 route no SC

Still a lot of gaps with coming soon sign. Many in 2019, but yet to be seen

Reactions: emchen
The whole 118 route no SC

Still a lot of gaps with coming soon sign. Many in 2019, but yet to be seen

The new development in Porter Ranch where Whole Foods located would have been nice. The Voltas there are a joke. They only tease with the free charging ads as they are _never_ available. And there's always multiple Teslas in that parking lot.

But yeah, nothing in the northwest SFV.

What's the deal with all the Target locations that never seem to start?

Could this be something?
BC537607-D1E6-4CFC-98C3-28B17ED519B5.jpeg

Could this be something?View attachment 552733
In general, Tesla Superchargers have 12 charging stations, but 10 is still a possibility or may be 8 Superchargers and 2 public L2 chargers?

The location on Google shows a full area reserved for businesses,
so this location seems possible, while been a little bit remote from any major freeway exit.

Note: There is already a 24 Superchargers location about 5 miles west: Bridgeport Marketplace 24061 Newhall Ranch Road Valencia, CA 91355

Last edited: