Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers in VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The one across the bay is already there today. It appears from the dots that the one north of Wood bridge is the one slated to go in Maryland just north of the beltway. That one was originally going to be 2014 and was put off to 2015. Outside of that I think the dots are all the same ones we have seen previously. The only newish ones is the Norfolk dot which we knew about previously and the I81 stuff.

If you follow the link I provided you will see the bigger map of the US along with the 2 others. It is a "Current" map, a 2015 map and a 2016 map. The I-81/expansion is slated for 2016.

I cropped and zoomed the image just because the focus of this thread is centered around VA chargers and I knew many people (including myself) had been looking for the I81 stuff. But I recommend you check out the 2016 map since it is a pretty decent expansion of chargers over what was previously seen for 2015. They added over 100 new dots to the NA map!

For those not tracking that other thread the reason you don't see any of this on the Tesla site (yet) is because they made the new site go live last night for a few hours before taking it back down due to issues with the order page. I would expect the site to be reupdated within a few days. But because the images are still there someone on reddit was able to get them cached and offloaded to a Dropbox to share with everyone else! So enjoy the maps until we get to see all the great changes coming to the site! (More details on that subject is in the respective Website changes thread.)

The 2016 map shows Salisbury and Jessup/Laurel, but also two additional chargers - one in Prince Georges County and one around Chester, MD.

The chargers going in on 81 will finally make it possible to cruise Skyline Drive in my MS. :)

Yeah, you're right. I was looking at the map wrong, now that the website has been updated and you can easily tab between the timeframes I can see that the are adding a second charger just to the south of DC (north of Woodbridge) and one directly across the bay.

As best as I can tell, the one west of Annapolis is directly on top of Kent Island (where the town of Chester is). The one South of DC could be on either side of the Potamic and I can't quite tell. Maybe Reagan Airport? If not there, then I would think the other logical place would be The National Harbor (Which of course would be Maryland).

Not the right thread, but I am sad that WV all got bumped back to 2016 :crying:. I am still stranded from going home to see family... sigh...

The one across the bay is already there today. It appears from the dots that the one north of Wood bridge is the one slated to go in Maryland just north of the beltway. That one was originally going to be 2014 and was put off to 2015. Outside of that I think the dots are all the same ones we have seen previously. The only newish ones is the Norfolk dot which we knew about previously and the I81 stuff.

If you follow the link I provided you will see the bigger map of the US along with the 2 others. It is a "Current" map, a 2015 map and a 2016 map. The I-81/expansion is slated for 2016.

I cropped and zoomed the image just because the focus of this thread is centered around VA chargers and I knew many people (including myself) had been looking for the I81 stuff. But I recommend you check out the 2016 map since it is a pretty decent expansion of chargers over what was previously seen for 2015. They added over 100 new dots to the NA map!

For those not tracking that other thread the reason you don't see any of this on the Tesla site (yet) is because they made the new site go live last night for a few hours before taking it back down due to issues with the order page. I would expect the site to be reupdated within a few days. But because the images are still there someone on reddit was able to get them cached and offloaded to a Dropbox to share with everyone else! So enjoy the maps until we get to see all the great changes coming to the site! (More details on that subject is in the respective Website changes thread.)

Salisbury is there yes and Newark is there yes but I think that dot is directly to the east of the bay bridge is it not ? That would be a new one.

Salisbury is there yes and Newark is there yes but I think that dot is directly to the east of the bay bridge is it not ? That would be a new one.

Yes, I acknowledged this in my later comment. There are two previously unidentified dots. One is definately in MD and the other is *potentially* in MD (or the other guess is Reagan Airport)

Yeah, you're right. I was looking at the map wrong, now that the website has been updated and you can easily tab between the timeframes I can see that the are adding a second charger just to the south of DC (north of Woodbridge) and one directly across the bay.

As best as I can tell, the one west of Annapolis is directly on top of Kent Island (where the town of Chester is). The one South of DC could be on either side of the Potamic and I can't quite tell. Maybe Reagan Airport? If not there, then I would think the other logical place would be The National Harbor (Which of course would be Maryland).

Not the right thread, but I am sad that WV all got bumped back to 2016 :crying:. I am still stranded from going home to see family... sigh...

Oakhurst Inn Supercharger in Charlottesville, Virginia

I'm taking a trip from Alexandria, VA to Roanoke in March and wrote the people at Oakhurst Inn. I got a very nice response.

Hello,

Yes of course you may use our charging station. It's located at 1616 Jefferson Park Avenue, right next to our cafe and coffee bar, where you are more than welcome to grab a bite to eat or a coffee while you wait. The cafe is open from 7-3pm, though the kitchen does close at 2. However the hotel is open 24 hrs a day, so whenever you arrive you are welcome to charge up your vehicle. If you have any questions feel free to contact us. All the best.

Sincere regards,

Concierge

I'm thinking this may be a perfect midpoint to make the trip with power to share. Total trip about 240 miles with Charlottesville right in the middle.

Has anyone tried the Oakhurst Inn Supercharger?

I'm taking a trip from Alexandria, VA to Roanoke in March and wrote the people at Oakhurst Inn. I got a very nice response.
Hello,

Yes of course you may use our charging station. It's located at 1616 Jefferson Park Avenue, right next to our cafe and coffee bar, where you are more than welcome to grab a bite to eat or a coffee while you wait. The cafe is open from 7-3pm, though the kitchen does close at 2. However the hotel is open 24 hrs a day, so whenever you arrive you are welcome to charge up your vehicle. If you have any questions feel free to contact us. All the best.

Sincere regards,

Concierge

I'm thinking this may be a perfect midpoint to make the trip with power to share. Total trip about 240 miles with Charlottesville right in the middle.

Has anyone tried the Oakhurst Inn Supercharger?

Not a supercharger... a HPWC according to Tesla's Charging page...

Interestingly, Oakhurst Inn's blog (incorrectly) calls it a supercharger.
Charlottesville’s Tesla Supercharger in Action - Oakhurst Inn

Even so, I'm glad to see this here and might take advantage on a future trip, perhaps with a lunch stop in their cafe. My round-trip to Charlottesville stretches my battery's limit, and the place I stay doesn't have great options even for L1 charging. (It's for work, not my choice, but otherwise a phenomenal property.)

Okay, here is my attempt at a list for nearby states through 2015 having looked at as many posts and maps as I could find (Tesla, supercharger.info). Any adjustments?

NC Current: Burlington, Lumberton, Plymouth, Rocky Mount
NC New in 2015: Asheville, Charlotte, Warsaw

VA Current: Glen Allen, South Hill, Woodbridge
VA New in 2015: Abington, Charlottesville, Lexington, Norfolk, Staunton, Winchester, I-77/I-81

SC Current: Santee
SC New in 2015: Columbia, Greenville [+ Augusta GA]