Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers - Tesla's Alone and Unafraid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
84464105-A306-41A5-9EE9-EA273ADD8A41.jpeg

Balmy 96 degrees in Gila Bend… owning the joint!

We completed a 1900 mile trip from southern IL to southern MD along I-64. We never encountered more than 50% of available stalls used. Most of the time it was 2 or 3 vehicles charging at 8 stall stations. The crowds and lines are a Kalif thing and maybe a few other "coastal" locations. But here in the midwest, it's smooth sailing for now.

But I fear once Elon opens up the SC network to other EV's they are going to flock to SC'ers to experience for themselves what all the fuss is. It could get worse before it gets better. I hope Tesla has some major exspansion plans in the works and the ability to quicken construction. I have been tracking a few new sites here in the mid-west and start to finish a new SCer can take 3 to 4 months.

Last edited:
I have the same lonely charging experience just about every time I go on a trip. It makes me think that there is room to sell a BUNCH of Teslas.

I will say though, that once in a while I've hit full supercharger sites. It's always been on a weekend in the middle of the day, so if you don't like to wait for an open charger, just arrange your trip so you charge in off hours (mid mornings, mid afternoons), on week days.

I have the same lonely charging experience just about every time I go on a trip. It makes me think that there is room to sell a BUNCH of Teslas.

I will say though, that once in a while I've hit full supercharger sites. It's always been on a weekend in the middle of the day, so if you don't like to wait for an open charger, just arrange your trip so you charge in off hours (mid mornings, mid afternoons), on week days.
Same. It's been very empty or very full.