Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging a brand new car (it is temporarily free?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my MY on Friday and went to a supercharger yesterday to take a little charge and get used to it. My screen kept track of the cost but where would I find out where it charged me? I've seen some mentions of it being free for a few days perhaps. I don't recall every having given any payment info anywhere. Thx.

I did... I just checked my credit card statement and there is a pending charge for the supercharger session. Is there somewhere in the app or online that shows my SC history? Also, where would I find the default payment method to change it to a different card? I don't see anywhere to change it in the app or online right now.

I picked up my car on May 28th, and I've had a credit card in my account since delivery. I supercharged the same day to make sure it was working, 2 days later on a road trip (twice) and wasn't charged for any of them. I supercharged again on 6/19 and was charged for that one.

• Informative
Reactions: kevin1
I picked mine up in chicago 2 weeks ago. IT was right around the time they closed. I sat on the super charger for a little while and got all my settings and preference set.
I did get billed for a few dollars. It may have been the result of being hooked up after they closed.

Saw a similar question on another post. It is suppose to be on the history on your Tesla Account. However, as my Y was picked up yesterday, it is not yet showing. I will reuse the image to give you an idea of where to look.

Attachments

• TA_NoHistory.png
    TA_NoHistory.png
    252.8 KB · Views: 73
Was nearby a supercharger yesterday and decided to make sure the car would accept (and be accepted by) the supercharger.
Better to find out when you don't need it than on the start of a long trip and find out it doesn't work.
Once you have used a Supercharger, the history will automatically show up in your account (within a few hours).

Attachments

• TA_History.png
    TA_History.png
    14.6 KB · Views: 54