Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging for healthy lifestyle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It just dawned on me that in the future, when I'm making weekly drives 5 hours in both directions, I'll be at the supercharger just long enough to go for a jog. What a great way to break up a long trip! If it were a gas pump, no one would even consider it. But while juicing up the battery, I can get out of my seat, stretch my legs, wake myself up, get some exercise, and clear my head. Then I won't feel like a lump when I get to my destination.

I hate the commute, but this should make it more palatable. Thanks Tesla!

Reactions: David99
It just dawned on me that in the future, when I'm making weekly drives 5 hours in both directions, I'll be at the supercharger just long enough to go for a jog. What a great way to break up a long trip! If it were a gas pump, no one would even consider it. But while juicing up the battery, I can get out of my seat, stretch my legs, wake myself up, get some exercise, and clear my head. Then I won't feel like a lump when I get to my destination.

Exactly: It would increase mental alertness and relax you if heavy traffic! No Tesla yet but projecting M3 use and how to kill 30-45 minutes.
I see market opportunity for Tesla/ GOLDS GYM/ LA SPORTS combo: plug in for an hour and lift some weights or hop on elliptical /stretch yoga . So much of our attention is shoving french Fries and shakes while we wait to charge why not physical activity??

Reactions: Enginerd

I almost always get out of the car and walk around the area while charging, all but a few SpC locations allow for a decent walk around. At my point in life a restroom break and a nice 20 minute walk every 2.5 hours or so is a welcome respite
as for commuting, if you are driving that far for your work on a weekly basis IMHO you live too far from your workplace. I would consider relocation.

Reactions: mspohr