Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging.Life database

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It works with Safari on the iPhone. Don't push people to use their computer, this should be us updating in the field, who's gonna bring their Dell and monitor in the car with them to log visits? And how to connect to the internet? Where would you even plug in?

Phone FtW
Well, that chap has a Laptop with wifi and their cellphone can provide an Internet connection. Ha, toting around a tower computer and a (CRT) display ... that reminds me of the mid-90s when I'd drive 2 hrs to someone's house to play LAN games.

It works with Safari on the iPhone. Don't push people to use their computer, this should be us updating in the field, who's gonna bring their Dell and monitor in the car with them to log visits? And how to connect to the internet? Where would you even plug in?

Phone FtW
Also, it's whatever is comfortable for the person and some folks might not want to telegraph where they are during a trip and are perfectly fine adding their visits once they get home (where the home-based Computer is). I never suggested to bring the computer along.

Reactions: KJD

Phone FtW
"Electrons, electrons everywhere, nor any byte to download." -- Samuel Taylor Coleridge, the Rime of the Ancient Supercharger Hunter.

There was a photo this week of a guy on a plane with an iMac set up on his tray table. I use an iPad to edit my signature SC count with phone hot spot. Can’t figure it out on the iPhone.

On an iPhone 11 (I can hear people snickering) running iOS 15.5... Click on your profile pic at the top of the screen. Then the "gear and person" icon in the pop-up window. That switches the pop-up to a menu where you'll find "Signature" (second item in the right-hand column). Worked on Safari and Firefox.

Bruce.

Here is yet another ignorant question from the cheap seats out in the bleachers:

In the Superchargers - Visited thread, it was mentioned that henceforth to do our own inputting on Supercharging.life. It was suggested that we do this simultaneously when we plug in. I fumbled around yesterday, and I think that I can do this.

I am concerned with the following: First, this is a novel approach, and this old dog will have to adapt to learning a new trick. (Narrator: this means that he could easily forget, especially if he is rushed.) Second, there have been times in the past when I arrive at a SC that is full, and I take my rightful place to plug in for a short time before moving along. Meanwhile, people are waiting. I don't want to make them wait any longer than need be. So I unplug and hit the road.

What happens if I either forget, or if I elect to move out quickly to let others charge? Can I catch up at the end of the day when I reconcile my visits?

That seems logical, others have mentioned that they don't like to input data when they are away from home indicating others can rob their house w/o witnesses, so they wait until their return.

Another feature request:
I was noticing today that if I go into the database after a while it shows me as guest and I have to log in again, fortunately it doesn't make me go thru Google again, so is there a way to make the login sticky instead of reverting at the end of a session?

What happens if I either forget, or if I elect to move out quickly to let others charge? Can I catch up at the end of the day when I reconcile my visits?

Yes. You'll go to the same page on the site -- "Check-in Now". But after it suggests some supercharger, click on the link "Or, search all Superchargers". Then you can click in the Supercharger box and start searching for whichever one it was that you were at. Make sure that the date shown is correct for when you checked in (in case you didn't get to reconcile the same day; time is not required), and then click Submit.

I was noticing today that if I go into the database after a while it shows me as guest and I have to log in again, fortunately it doesn't make me go thru Google again, so is there a way to make the login sticky instead of reverting at the end of a session?

Have you gotten logged out today, or would that have been yesterday? I reset all logged-in users yesterday when we switched over from the spreadsheet to the database, and I set it so that it should remember who you are for 7 days. Let me know if you continue to experience a problem with it logging you out unexpectedly.

Is there way to bulk import from CVS file? That would be amazing. I can export from teslafi and import here.

Not currently. The ability to import is something I would like to do eventually, but I suspect it’s going to be more complex than it might look at first glance… starting with the names of superchargers not being consistent at any given time, much less over time.

But if you felt like sending me a copy of your spreadsheet, it would give me something to look at and determine feasibility.

Here is yet another ignorant question from the cheap seats out in the bleachers:

In the Superchargers - Visited thread, it was mentioned that henceforth to do our own inputting on Supercharging.life. It was suggested that we do this simultaneously when we plug in. I fumbled around yesterday, and I think that I can do this.

I am concerned with the following: First, this is a novel approach, and this old dog will have to adapt to learning a new trick. (Narrator: this means that he could easily forget, especially if he is rushed.) Second, there have been times in the past when I arrive at a SC that is full, and I take my rightful place to plug in for a short time before moving along. Meanwhile, people are waiting. I don't want to make them wait any longer than need be. So I unplug and hit the road.

Adding your entries later is totally fine.

When you go to the check-in page, you'll click the "Or search all superchargers" link. Then just type the first characters of the supercharger's name and it'll populate. Select it and then set the time.

The advantage of doing it when you are at the supercharger is that the check-in tool will populate with the supercharger you are at and with the current time. No searching necessary.

But either approach is fine.

• Helpful
Reactions: NKYTA and cpa
Adding your entries later is totally fine.

When you go to the check-in page, you'll click the "Or search all superchargers" link. Then just type the first characters of the supercharger's name and it'll populate. Select it and then set the time.

The advantage of doing it when you are at the supercharger is that the check-in tool will populate with the supercharger you are at and with the current time. No searching necessary.

But either approach is fine.

Coming soon: feature request for delayed check-ins. All the convenience of check-in-at-the-charger, all the security* of check-in-two-days-later.

*Or at least obscurity. (The maxim goes, "Security through obscurity is no security at all", YMMV.)

Coming soon: feature request for delayed check-ins. All the convenience of check-in-at-the-charger, all the security* of check-in-two-days-later.

*Or at least obscurity. (The maxim goes, "Security through obscurity is no security at all", YMMV.)
Good suggestion. Will capture. We're going to slow down a bit to give Drew some breathing room and to work on other stuff. Oddly, I've found that phrase to be utterly unsatisfying as I can't tell you how often I've encountered situations where obscurity is the best security method around.