Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging rate? How do I read this?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Could you possibly tell me how you got Tesla to add your supercharger miles. I had a referral code added in a similar way and Tesla is refusing to honor it via email / chat / etc.

Who did you call?

Yeah, I called in and added my friend's referral before I picked up the car. I need to ask if it's showed up on his, it hasn't showed up on mine. I sent an email request yesterday. I'll give them a few days to respond. The 6 month limit is kinda weak. I take maybe 3-4 road trips a year (<300 mi), so there's no way I'll use 1000 Supercharger miles in that timespan.

Tesla does not make money on Superchargers, but charges a rate that pays for expenses. Currently in the US, they charge $0.28 per kW.
Now that you mention it, I am curious because I don't pay for supercharging and don't know the rates. Are you implying that the 28 cents is the same in all parts of USA? Doesn't sound right, but I am just guessing. If so, they are making a big markup in many states where electricity is FAR cheaper like up here (9 cents per Kwh, or parts of other states that are similar. And many other areas like here have flat rates that are the same for all times of the day and night. No tiers either up here and many other states.

Are you implying that the 28 cents is the same in all parts of USA? Doesn't sound right, but I am just guessing. If so, they are making a big markup in many states where electricity is FAR cheaper like up here (9 cents per Kwh, or parts of other states that are similar.
No, it's not 28 cents everywhere in the country. That is an average they now have listed on the website. Each site has its own pricing now, but they won't list those on the website.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert