Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Surprise at Glasgow Service Centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Car in the Service Centre, Glasgow.
In the middle of the showroom...
Cybertruck!
1000007984.jpg
1000007985.jpg
1000007988.jpg

Jeez…you just hate Ts and E. Not sure how you are living with one on a daily basis :)
I do not hate.

I actually want it to succeed.

But I do not like stupid decisions which steal focus from main topic.

I would loved that my car had MUCH better noise insulation and other things.

but cybertruck is not suitable for UK and is a gimmick. stupid gimmick.

but cybertruck is not suitable for UK and is a gimmick. stupid gimmick.
Yes but it is a product from Tesla. They want to show this around the world. If you don’t want to see it well and good for yourself. And just questioning their product without even trying and their marketing strategy is OTP. BTW, Tesla is not the first car manufacturer to show case their product to other parts of the world where their product may not be suitable. Rangerover and Bentley (both British in those days) showcased their products to developing countries for years knowing well that their population will never be able to afford them. These are text book product marketing strategies. Probably now you may call these textbooks stupid too🤣

Attracting A LOT of attention!

Looking at various youtubers etc - near universal praise from strangers. Many people have never heard of the Cybertruck, are fascinated.

Current production of at least 1000/week - more than Rivian & Ford combined for 2024 is possible.

I'm not sure whether it's a whole new vehicle category or best described as another category winner from Tesla.

Like many Teslas - it's meant to be a "hardcore slapdown" of ICE. This has happened with ICE supercars. Pointless except for looks or annoying the neighbours with the exhaust.

Some complain that Tesla performance isn't safe or is unnecessary. If a Tesla Model S Plaid is bought instead of a much more dangerous ICE Supercar, it's a win in my opinion.

Simply by existing, many Tesla products (including Superchargers & Insurance) prevent price gouging and compliance efforts.

"Hardcore slapdown" is useful.

Every Tesla price fall, every performance metric moves the market, other companies offerings, speeding up progress.

Also, to my eyes, it's fabulous.

Looking at various youtubers etc - near universal praise from strangers. Many people have never heard of the Cybertruck, are fascinated.

Current production of at least 1000/week - more than Rivian & Ford combined for 2024 is possible.

I'm not sure whether it's a whole new vehicle category or best described as another category winner from Tesla.

Like many Teslas - it's meant to be a "hardcore slapdown" of ICE. This has happened with ICE supercars. Pointless except for looks or annoying the neighbours with the exhaust.

Some complain that Tesla performance isn't safe or is unnecessary. If a Tesla Model S Plaid is bought instead of a much more dangerous ICE Supercar, it's a win in my opinion.

Simply by existing, many Tesla products (including Superchargers & Insurance) prevent price gouging and compliance efforts.

Every Tesla price fall, every performance metric moves the market, other companies offerings, speeding up progress.

Then you have to think about 48 volt, steer by wire, four-wheel steering and other future aspects (brake by wire) that are easier to get right in a lower-volume product than a next-gen platform.

Get suppliers for 48 volt or Tesla create themselves. Remember Tesla sending potential suppliers and other carmakers a guide on 48 volt architecture and how to implement at scale? Tesla might even become a component manufacturer for others.

Ramp up sufficient volume, work through problems, expand the supply chain to high enough volume that the initial next-gen vehicles can be ramped efficiently.

Next gen vehicles have an easier ramp to high numbers.

Reactions: SO16
Yes but it is a product from Tesla. They want to show this around the world. If you don’t want to see it well and good for yourself. And just questioning their product without even trying and their marketing strategy is OTP. BTW, Tesla is not the first car manufacturer to show case their product to other parts of the world where their product may not be suitable. Rangerover and Bentley (both British in those days) showcased their products to developing countries for years knowing well that their population will never be able to afford them. These are text book product marketing strategies. Probably now you may call these textbooks stupid too🤣
well, this answer reminds me of this classic

1717614609568.png

1000 a week! Wow! Sounds serious. and then there is this bit of the news:
The federal safety agency said all 3,878 Cybertrucks on U.S. roads produced from Nov. 13 to April 4 have the defect, which it said was caused by soap being used as lubricant during assembly at Tesla’s factory in Austin, Texas. The residual soap “reduced the retention of the pad to the pedal,” the agency said.
that is ,more like 1000 a month to be honest...

Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, of course.
But even in this picture you can see some different tones of steel. I could not live with that...

Status
Not open for further replies.