Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Surprise at Glasgow Service Centre

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a stupid category of vehicle for anything but agricultural use, but also one that is the most popular in the US. I dislike it just as much as I hate all other stupid US trucks.

The Ford e-Transit is far more likely to be something we see on our roads.

1717661731911.png

I was out and about yesterday, loads* more USA-style pickup trucks rolling about than I'd ever seen in UK before.

I suspect they are fashionable for some. Perhaps work-owned (tax treatment?), switching from a van as family grows - having a more car-like experience or previous Range Rover people who have finally given up.

Anyway pickups are already here in the UK and I'd rather see Cybertrucks than be gassed by F150s or Rangers in urban or suburban areas. SAme for parcel delivery. Diesel vans screech to halt, driver delivers, gets back in and sets off leaving behind smell & smoke. Don't ideal, we don't need this kind of air pollution.

*6 or 7 on a short walk around edge of town centre - I couldn't tell makes or models other than Ford Rangers, wasn't paying that much attention. Previously I've seen a wide variety including F150s, Rangers & Japanese models nearby while out walking and others while driving.

I also see that there are often dealer discounts on them.

Ford Ranger Double Cab Wildtrak 2.0 EcoBlue 205 Auto # £45,230 Save 10%

It will never be legal to drive with that bodywork shape in the UK t
It would take just an amendment to the legislation - And if Elon promises more money to UK in terms of investment, all the politicians will be willing to change any regulations. Or he just has to employ Manchester city football club lawyers then they can just sue the regulators for their unfair regulations and claim some damages :) without selling single CT. Way to go Elon!

• Funny
Reactions: asl3312
A lot of these discussion are a mute point. It will never be legal to drive with that bodywork shape in the UK thus they will never sell here. It would have had much more of chance if it say looked like a Ford Ranger.
I keep hearing this and yet I keep seeing more on display and on tour. Seems odd to do this if “never” is the only outcome.

It would take just an amendment to the legislation - And if Elon promises more money to UK in terms of investment, all the politicians will be willing to change any regulations. Or he just has to employ Manchester city football club lawyers then they can just sue the regulators for their unfair regulations and claim some damages :) without selling single CT. Way to go Elon!
Changes to car safety legislation is highly protected and rightly so. There are already numerous car companies that have invested large amounts in the UK, would they be happy for Elon to just rock up and throw money around to get legislation changed that would be a detriment to themselves.

already numerous car companies that have invested large amounts in the UK, would they be happy for Elon to just rock up and throw money around to get legislation changed that would be a detriment to themselves.
Happening in premier league, others complain but that is it, Sovereign wealth funds and middle east sheiks rock up and throw money around to get legislation challenged.

Last edited:
Some complain that Tesla performance isn't safe or is unnecessary. If a Tesla Model S Plaid is bought instead of a much more dangerous ICE Supercar, it's a win in my opinion.

At the risk of unleashing another deluge of pro-Tesla propaganda (I assume you are paid well for this stuff?!) 'much more dangerous' how?

I would rather take my chances being run over by my ICE supercar (which manages not to annoy my neighbours) than a Cybertruck.

• Funny
Reactions: SO16
At the risk of unleashing another deluge of pro-Tesla propaganda (I assume you are paid well for this stuff?!) 'much more dangerous' how?

I would rather take my chances being run over by my ICE supercar (which manages not to annoy my neighbours) than a Cybertruck.

If not me, then who?

Calling it propaganda is incorrect. It's evidence. You can provide your own or switch to emotive language which is a well known technique when losing evidence-based discussions. It might be subconscious of course, but evidence is better able to inform.

I'm not paid by Tesla. Please read TMC rules and apologise.

There are many who have been paid by anti-Tesla. Many short sellers, some who have been found guilty of awful crimes. One prominent short-seller is being sued by his partners for fraud.

There are very few people who refute errant nonsense about Tesla and Elon.

Many of these glib statements are incorrect and defamatory under English law. Good job Elon & Tesla don't often sue (mostly in China).

When you see the same untrue lies, innuendo and snarky comments repeated ad-nauseum for years and the utterers failing to learn or acknowledge they might be wrong when presented with evidence, fairness leads good people to intervene. I worry less about them, and more about people researching buying EVs & Tesla.

I would like others to
  • Call out untrue info, lies, innuendo and snarky comments
  • Avoid defamation
  • Avoid personal attacks
  • Stick to evidence
  • Avoid emotive language - only gets someone's amygdala in a twist

ICE Supercar more likely to suffer braking problems, fire, or to lose control than a well designed electric vehicle. Losing control being the greater danger for pedestrians. F150 taller than Cybertruck before that old trope is wasted. F150 vision forward is terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.